|Maintenance Notice - PDF Generation|
|Dynamic PDF generation for web-based content is temporarily unavailable. This maintenance affects dynamic PDF files that are generated from either the HTML-based page or manual that you are viewing. Links that normally allow this functionality have been hidden, and will reappear as soon as the feature is restored.
Workbench Log Extractor
This Release Note applies to all 8.5.x releases of Genesys Care Workbench Log Extractor. Links in the Available Releases section enable you to access information regarding a specific release.
Releases are listed by version number rather than in date order. For this reason, a recent release may be listed after earlier releases, if the version number is lower. Except when otherwise noted in the information for a specific release, each release includes all of the features and corrections that were introduced for the applicable operating system at earlier dates, regardless of the version numbering.
You can find Release Notes for particular releases of Workbench Log Extractor at the following links:
|Release||Release Date||Release Type||Restrictions||AIX||Linux||Solaris||Windows|
The Genesys Care Workbench Package 8.5.100.04 contains Workbench Server release 184.108.40.206, Workbench Agent release 8.5.000.31 and Workbench Log Extractor release 8.5.100.03.
No new functionality is added to this release of Workbench Log Extractor.
- Resolved a memory leak that was causing memory consumption to grow as log files were parsed. (GTOOLS-1680)
- Stop the existing Workbench Log Extractor application through Genesys Administrator or Genesys Administrator Extension (GAX).
- Install Workbench Log Extractor 8.5.100.03 in a new directory.
- Edit the Working Directory field for the existing Workbench Log Extractor application object provisioned in Configuration Server to point to the new Workbench Log Extractor 8.5.100.03 installation directory.
- Start the Workbench Log Extractor 8.5.100.03 application.
Enabled secure TLS connections with Workbench Server (GTOOLS-1353)
Workbench Build 8.5.100.00 contains Workbench Server release 220.127.116.11, Workbench Log Extractor release 8.5.100.02, and Workbench Agent release 8.5.000.31.
- Fixed issue with cleaning temporary files (LMST-398)
- Fixed issue with incorrect timestamps being returned from some extracted events (GTOOLS-1055)
- Stop the existing Workbench 8.5.0 application.
- Install Workbench 8.5.1 in a new directory.
- Edit the Working Directory field for the existing Workbench Server application object provisioned in Configuration Server to point to the new Workbench 8.5.1 installation directory.
- Start the Workbench 8.5.1 application.
There are no new features in this version of Workbench Log Extractor.
- Log Extractor now returns the correct timestamps on 400 and 500 level SIP error events.(GTOOLS-1181)
- Log Extractor now properly deletes its temporary files during execution.(GTOOLS-1077 and GTOOLS-1180)
There is no upgrade procedure for this release.
Genesys Care Workbench is a suite of troubleshooting tools that can help you efficiently identify and resolve issues in a Genesys environment. Workbench collects and analyzes data from multiple sources, and then displays useful troubleshooting information in its dashboards and consoles.
The Genesys Care Workbench Log Extractor is a component of Genesys Care Workbench. It is used to collect log events for display in the Workbench Dashboard, and to transfer related log files for analysis in the Log Analyzer component of Workbench.
This Workbench Log Extractor release requires:
- Java™ Platform Standard Edition Runtime Environment 8 (JRE™ 8)
- Genesys Care Log File Management Tool 8.5.000.00 or later
This Workbench Log Extractor release supports the following operating systems:
- Windows Server 2008 and 2012
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 6 or later
- CentOS 6 or later
- This is the first release of the Workbench Log Extractor 8.5 and, as such, it contains no corrections or modifications.
There is no upgrade procedure for this release.
Known Issues and Recommendations
The Known Issues and Recommendations section is a cumulative list for all 8.5.x releases. This section provides the latest information on known issues and recommendations associated with this product. It includes information on when individual items were found and, if applicable, corrected. The Resolved Issues section for each release describes the corrections and may list additional issues that were corrected without first being documented as Known Issues.
Temporary files are not properly cleaned from the log_extractor/temp_files directory.
ID: GTOOLS-1077 and GTOOLS-1180 Found In: 8.5.000.11 Fixed In: 8.5.000.14
Workaround: Schedule a manual deletion for the contents of the Workbench Log Extractor temporary files directory.
This section documents features that are no longer supported in this software. This cumulative list is in release-number order with the most recently discontinued features at the top of the list.