The tabbed sections below describe the processes for opening and managing Cases using My Support.
How to Open a New Case
Please report each issue separately so it can be individually tracked (by its Case Number); reporting multiple issues in one Case or adding new issues into correspondence about an existing Case may result in overlooked questions and incomplete determinations.
1. Go to the Genesys My Support login page: http://www.genesys.com/customer-care.
2. Enter your user name and password, and click “Login” to access My Support.
3. From the My Support dashboard displayed after login, select Cases.
4. Select “Open a Support Case” or "Open a Service Request"
5. Select your "Cloud Deployment". (You will see several choices if you have multiple cloud deployments within your organization.) Cloud deployments could be a specific business unit or division within your company. Next, select the "Cloud Service" for which you are opening a Case.
6. Populate the mandatory fields with as much details as possible. The more details you can provide, the quicker our Customer Care Specialists will be able to assist with the Support Case or Service Request.
- In the “Description” field, please provide detailed information of the problem including date and time of occurrence(s); frequency of occurrence; working hours and location of impacted User(s)
- In the “Business Impact” field, please describe the business impact to your operations resulting from the Case you are reporting. For example, are you able to perform normal business functions?
- For faster troubleshooting, once you’ve clicked “Save,” please upload sanitized screen shots, local sanitized log files, or other sanitized information that you want to attach to the Case by using the “Transfer Files” option
|1-Critical||A severe impact or degradation to your business operations caused by intermittent disruption of Genesys Cloud Service.|
|2-High||The Genesys Cloud Service is available and operational; moderate impact to your business operations.|
|3-Medium||The Genesys Cloud Service is available and operational; nominal and immaterial adverse impact to your business operations.|
|4-Low||The Genesys Cloud Service is available and operational; no impact to your business operations or you require information or assistance on the Genesys Cloud Service capabilities or configuration.|
How to Update an Existing Support Case
You can use either of these methods to update an Open Case:
- To login, go to My Support at http://www.genesys.com/customer-care.
- From the dashboard page, Select Cases then Manage and View Cases . Find your Case and click to open it. Then click “Post Update” at the bottom of the Case window.
You can update an Open Case by Email if you reply to an Email originated from the Case by a Genesys Customer Care representative or to an automated Case notification. An Email originated from a Case includes a special Reference ID, which ties any reply back to the Case.
On the contrary, if you start a new Email and send it to Customer Care , it will not link to the Case automatically, even if you have specified a Case #. Such an Email will be processed by the Customer Care Admin team and may be manually linked to the Case specified, but automatic linkage will not occur unless the Email body contains the Reference ID.
NOTE: If the Case is in Awaiting Info or Solution Proposed status, and the Case contact replies to an Email originated from the Case, this will also change the Case Status to Open. In addition to this, will also see the Email updates in the Case Updates section of the Case.
How to Close an Existing Support Case
You can close a Case at any time by accessing the Case on My Support and clicking “Close Case."
If Customer Care requests information about a Case or proposes a solution, and you do not reply within two business days, the Case Management system will send you an automated email reminding you about the requested action. If you do not respond to the reminder within ten business days, the Case will be automatically closed. See the Auto Follow-Up tab on this page for further details regarding Case closure through the Auto Follow-Up Process.
How to Reopen a Support Case
A previously closed Case may be reopened if an issue has not been resolved or if a Case was closed by accident. For the Case to be reopened, all new supporting information demonstrating that an issue has not been resolved should be supplied to Genesys Customer Care within 30 days from Case closure. Without this information, the Case will not be reopened.
To reopen a Case:
- Login to My Support, go to your dashboard, select Cases, select Manage and View Cases, view My Closed Cases or All Closed Cases, then select the case and click "Request to Re-open" at the top.
Note: This function will only be available for Cases closed within 30 days from Case closure.
- Call Customer Care.
How to Find Your Open Cases
From the dashboard page in My Support, select Cases, select View and Manage Cases and then select “My Cases -- All non-Closed" from the drop-down menu at top (just under the navigation bar).
Auto Follow-Up Service
The Auto Follow-Up Service is designed to provide timely and proactive follow-up between Customers and Customer Care. Auto Follow-Ups will be sent to the Designated Contact who opened the Case according to the process outlined below.
Auto Follow-Up #1: When Customer Care notifies you and requests a response (e. g. proposes a solution or requests information) regarding an open Case, a follow-up timer is started. If you do not respond to the request within two (2) business days, an automated Email is sent to the Designated Contact who opened the Case, with a reminder of the requested action, and a link to access the Case.
Auto Follow-Up #2: If you do not respond to the request within five (5) business days, a second automated Email is sent to the Designated Contact who opened the Case. This email contains a reminder of the requested action, and a link to access the Case.
Auto Follow-Up #3: If you do not respond to the request within ten (10) business days, the Case is automatically closed and a final Auto Follow-Up Email is sent to the Designated Contact who opened the Case. All information about the Case will remain intact in My Support for one month (including any sanitized logs or attachments). Please remember that you can reopen a Closed Case only by a phone call to Customer Care.
- The Auto Follow-Up timer can start and stop several times for a given Case. Examples of requests that start the Auto Follow-Up timer include:
- Descriptions of what happened before the issue started
- Submission of sanitized product logs
- Notification or verification of a proposed solution
You may request an Incident Report using the same procedures as you would use to update a Case (i.e., request the report through My Support or by Email, all as specified in the How to Update an Existing Case section). The Incident Report will contain information such as: start and end date of the issue; description of the Case; timeline of interactions with the Customer; corrective measures undertaken; action items and estimated completion dates.