Reporting And Analytics Aggregates
Also known as RAA. An optional Genesys Info Mart process that creates and populates predefined aggregation tables and views within an Info Mart database. RAA aggregation tables and views provide the metrics that summarize contact center activity to facilitate reporting, and serve as the primary source of data for the GI2 and Genesys CX Insights reports. RAA is required for GI2 and Genesys CX Insights environments.
How do I Install RAA?
This page explains how you can perform a new installation of Reporting and Analytics Aggregates (RAA), or how you can upgrade from a prior RAA release.
What Do I Need to Do Before I Deploy RAA?
Prior to installing RAA 8.5, ensure that:
- Genesys Info Mart 8.5 is installed (or upgraded) on the target computer. (The Genesys Info Mart Deployment Guide describes the installation of Genesys Info Mart.)
- In environments where Genesys Info Mart has been upgraded, you must recreate RAA schema views, as described in How Do I Recreate Schema Views?.
- In environments with PostgreSQL, the Info Mart schema name must either be public or be the same as the User ID.
- You have administrative privileges on the target computer.
- You have administrative access to the Genesys Info Mart database.
- You have write access to the root directory of Genesys Info Mart. For UNIX plug-in mode, you must know the location of the root directory.
- The Info Mart database has adequate table space for the creation of the aggregate tables and the population of their data. Refer to the Genesys Info Mart Database Sizing Spreadsheet to estimate the space that is required given the configuration of objects in your contact center and expected interaction flow activity.
What Are the Installation Steps?
You can install RAA on UNIX and/or Microsoft Windows platforms. Refer to the Genesys Supported Operating Environment Reference Guide for a listing of the specific supported platforms. Install RAA using one of the following procedures:
Can I Upgrade From an Earlier Release of RAA?
The upgrade of RAA consists of re-installing the application and running the aggregation process in either integrated or autonomous mode. On Microsoft Windows platforms, you must uninstall RAA in order to re-install it. Running aggregation automatically creates the necessary tables and columns that are required to populate them.
- On Microsoft Windows platforms, you must uninstall RAA before you can re-install it. Follow the instructions in How Do I Uninstall RAA? to learn more about uninstalling RAA. This step is not required on UNIX platforms.
- Follow the instructions in What Are the Installation Steps?, to reinstall the application. Refer to the Reporting and Analytics Deployment Procedure, available on docs.genesys.com for additional steps that pertain to multiple-tenant and custom userdata environments.
- Run aggregation to automatically create the necessary tables and columns that are required to populate them. Follow the instructions on the How Do I Manage the Aggregation Process? page of the Reporting and Analytics Aggregates User’s Guide to learn more about integrated and autonomous aggregation modes.
What Steps are Required to Migrate Genesys Info Mart 7.6 Aggregation Tables?
To migrate from release 7.6 to release 8.5.x, you must migrate in two steps (from 7.6 to 8.1.103.01, and then to 8.5.x). RAA provides a utility (described in the Genesys Migration Guide) that migrates data from Info Mart 7.6 aggregate tables and associated dimensions into the 8.1.x schema.