User Migration Utility
Starting in Advisors release 8.1.1, user configuration functionality moves to the Genesys configuration interface, such as Genesys Administrator Extension (GAX). The User Migration Utility is packaged with the Advisors Platform distribution starting in release 8.1.2. The utility migrates user and contact records, along with users' module access information from the 3.3, 8.0, or 8.1.0 Advisors Platform database to the Genesys Configuration Server. Specifically the following user information is migrated:
- User name
- First name
- Last name
- Employee ID
- Whether the user is an agent or not
- User’s module access information
- User’s role information
The utility contains a ReadMe.txt file that summarizes the use of the tool and the procedure to run the tool.
Procedure: Running the User Migration Utility
To migrate users held in the 3.3, 8.0, or 8.1.0 Advisors database to the Genesys Configuration Server.
- Before you run the user migration utility, ensure you have a supported version of Java installed and JAVA_HOME is added to system classpath.
- The Genesys configuration interface user that you specify must have Read, Create, and Change permissions on the selected tenant.
- Extract the user-migration-util-<version>.zip file from the advisors-platform-distribution-<version>.zip/ip/supplement folder.
- Go to the conf folder in the extracted directory and edit the migration.properties file. Follow the configuration comments in the file and enter the configuration values. Save the file.
- Open the command prompt and change to the directory where the migration.bat file is extracted.
- Run the following command on the command prompt:
- When the migration is complete, review the log for errors or warnings.
This page was last modified on February 7, 2018, at 21:58.