Configuring Contact Centers
The Contact Centers page allows you to update contact centers. Multiple steps are required for contact centers to display on the dashboard.
There are three types of contact centers:
- Site: A location-based contact center.
- Network: A contact center for which an exact physical location cannot be specified. A network contact center can be divided into smaller units that represent one or more agent groups from the set of all agent groups belonging to the network contact center. Each such subset of agent groups is called an agent group contact center. In this case, the network contact center becomes a parent of one or more agent group contact centers.
- Agent group: A subset of agent groups from the set of all agent groups belonging to a network contact center.
Genesys recommends adding only one network contact center, and then adding agent-group contact centers to see a more granular view of your data. Because an agent group contact center can only be assigned to one network contact center, if more than one network contact center is created, you must add a second agent group contact center for each physical location.
To receive e-mail about alerts concerning a contact center, the contact center must be assigned to distribution lists on the Distribution Lists page for users in that distribution list, and who have access to that contact center.
Configure a Contact Center
- On the navigation bar, select the Contact Centers page.
- Select the contact center that you want to configure.
- Select the time zone from the drop-down list.
- To specify the hours of business operation, type the open and close times within the selected time zone.
The format is hh:mm.
The open and closed times represent the official time for active data analysis.
During non-operational hours, summaries that draw data from the contact centers (such as regional or application summaries) are calculated without that data. During non-operational hours, the contact center is hidden from the CCAdv contact centers pane and from the WA contact centers pane.
- To activate the contact center, click Yes for the Active button.
Selecting No deactivates the contact center and prevents it from displaying on the dashboard, which means you can set it up in advance.
- Select the geographic region for the contact center from the drop-down list.
- Enter the type of the contact center: Site or Network. This cannot be changed subsequently.
- Choose the data source for the contact center. This cannot be changed subsequently. In the Data Source field, values are:
- Service: for site contact centers
- Other: for network contact centers
The value Other represents voice queues, interaction queues, calling lists, and call types.
- To specify when a contact center displays and ceases to display, click the Calendar icons and select the Effective Date and the Expiration Date. The expiration date is optional.
- For a network-type contact center, enter the agent-group contact centers with which it will be associated by clicking the plus icon beside the list of agent group contact centers.
- To save the contact center, click Save.
A confirmation message displays and the contact center displays in the list.