|Maintenance Notice - PDF Generation|
|Dynamic PDF generation for web-based content is temporarily unavailable. This maintenance affects dynamic PDF files that are generated from either the HTML-based page or manual that you are viewing. Links that normally allow this functionality have been hidden, and will reappear as soon as the feature is restored.
Users record the alert cause when creating a key action report. They may select the cause from the Alert Cause drop-down list or enter a new cause. In addition, users can suggest that the entered cause be added to the drop-down list for future use. The alert causes are maintained on the Alert Causes page in the Administration module. The following screenshot shows the Alert Causes page.
The details of an alert cause include:
- Name: The name of the alert cause. The name must be unique and is not case sensitive. If the name is modified, it will change on existing key action reports.
- Author (display only): Properties that identify the person who created the cause on the Alert Causes page or on a key action report. These are the person's first and last name, or e-mail address, or username, depending on what is available in the Configuration Server.
- Display Order (optional): The location of the cause in the Causes drop-down list on the Action Management page. Causes without a sequence number display in alphabetical order. The range of the display order is 30.
- Approved: The status of the cause is either approved or unapproved. When added from the Alert Causes page, the Approved check box is automatically selected. When suggested from the Action Management page, the Approved check box is unselected (unapproved).
From the Alert Causes page, you can:
- Add a new alert cause to be available in the Alert Cause drop-down list on the Action Management page. Open the Alert Causes page and use the Search field.
- Approve an alert cause.
- Edit an alert cause.
- Delete one or more alert causes that are not used and not included in a key action report.