|Maintenance Notice - PDF Generation|
|Dynamic PDF generation for web-based content is temporarily unavailable. This maintenance affects dynamic PDF files that are generated from either the HTML-based page or manual that you are viewing. Links that normally allow this functionality have been hidden, and will reappear as soon as the feature is restored.
Default Value: false
Valid Values: true, false
Changes Take Effect: Immediately
This option must be set to true to allow partial deployment to a cluster. If it is set to false, the cluster deployment will fail even if only one of the cluster nodes fails to deploy successfully.
Creating an Application Cluster in Configuration Manager
You can use a Configuration Server application template of type Genesys_Rules_Engine_Application_Cluster to define a group of Genesys Rules Engine (GRE) or Genesys Web Engagement engines. Engines in the group must be all of the same type—either all GRE engines or all Genesys Web Engagement engines.
When a user deploys a package in GRAT, the deployment target list may contain cluster application names. Unlike release 8.5.1, partial deployments are possible when the allow-partial-cluster-deployment option in GRAT is set to value true. If this option is set to false, deployed packages are placed in service only after the deployment to all engines in the cluster is successful.
If deployment to any of the engines fails, details of the failure(s) are shown to the GRAT user and logged in the GRAT log. Partial deployments, where configured, are also displayed to the GRAT user and in the GRAT log.
- Import an application template of type Genesys_Rules_Engine_Application_Cluster, if one does not already exist in your environment.
- Create a Configuration Server application of type Genesys_Rules_Engine_Application_Cluster.
- Enter a host and other mandatory information.
- Add as connections to this cluster application the engine applications you wish to treat as a cluster. For each connection be sure to select a Port ID (it does not matter which port) for the Rules Engine Web Application (either GRE or Genesys Web Engagement).
- Add the cluster application as a connection to the GRAT application.
- Save the changes.
This cluster application will now appear in the Location drop-down list in the Deploy window of GRAT and rules authors can select it as a deployment target.