Genesys CX Insights
Genesys Customer Experience Insights (Genesys CX Insights or sometimes GCXI) provides a presentation layer that extracts data from the Genesys Info Mart database, and presents it in readable historical reports to enable business and contact center managers to make better business decisions for streamlining operations, reducing costs, and providing better services.
Installing report editing software
If you plan to edit or create reports, you can install selected MicroStrategy software (MicroStrategy Developer or MicroStrategy Workstation) on a Windows machine, and use it as client software to connect to your Genesys Customer Experience Insights (Genesys CX Insights) installation. This page provides information about the environment required for such an installation, and the steps required to install these tools.
Microstrategy online documentation contains extensive information about other Windows software that you can optionally install, including information about system requirements, see the MicroStrategy ReadMe.
Before you begin
To install MicroStrategy Developer or MicroStrategy Workstation, the following are required:
- A compatible version of the MicroStrategy software. See the MicroStrategy downloads site, and refer to the Product Alert.
- A license key for MicroStrategy Developer. Contact your Genesys representative for assistance. MicroStrategy Workstation doesn’t require a license key.
- A properly-prepared system with a supported release of Windows software. See the table Minimum requirements for selected MicroStrategy Windows components.
|MicroStrategy Desktop on Windows||x86 or x64 compatible||4 GB (minimum)||8 GB (minimum)|
|MicroStrategy Developer Products||x86 or x64 compatible||2 GB (minimum)||0.25 GB|
|MicroStrategy Object Manager||x86 or x64 compatible||2 GB (minimum)||0.25 GB|
|MicroStrategy Command Manager||x86 or x64 compatible||2 GB (minimum)||0.25 GB|
|MicroStrategy Integrity Manager||x64 compatible||2 GB (minimum)||0.25 GB|
|These values apply at the time of writing. For the latest information, or for information about requirements for other components, see MicroStrategy System Requirements and the MicroStrategy ReadMe for the MicroStrategy release you plan to install.|
You can install either MicroStrategy Developer, or MicroStrategy Workstation, or both.
Installing MicroStrategy Developer
To use MicroStrategy Developer, you must install the following additional MicroStrategy components:
- MicroStrategy Developer Products
- MicroStrategy Object Manager
- MicroStrategy Command Manager
- MicroStrategy Integrity Manager
Note that you should not install components other than those listed here, as the hardware and system requirements described on this page will not support a full install. For information and instructions, see:
- About MicroStrategy Developer — Microstrategy Developer ReadMe
- Installing MicroStrategy Developer — Installing and Upgrading MicroStrategy.
After completing the steps on this page, complete the following post-Installation steps:
Installing MicroStrategy Workstation
MicroStrategy Workstation is available as a separate installation package, provided by Genesys, and installation instructions are provided by MicroStrategy.
For information about downloading the package, see Before you begin: Installation packages.
For more information about MicroStrategy Workstation, including installation instructions, see: MicroStrategy Workstation Help.