Callback Solution Guide
Welcome to the Callback Solution Guide! You can use this guide as a starting point to configure Callback services.
Find information to help plan Callback
- Solution Overview: Features, Use Cases, Scenarios
- Architecture: Components, Key Advantages
- Hardware, OS, Browser, Java, Genesys Requirements
- Integration with GVP or Media Server
Find instructions to configure Callback
Once you have set up the Prerequisites, find procedures to configure Genesys Callback.
- Strategy for queuing
- Accept inbound calls
- Enable outbound calls
- Enable Call Progress Detection
- Enable Callback UI for Administrators
Provision your Callback Services
Find procedures to create and configure the Callback services required to implement scenarios.
- Access UIs
- Add a Callback Service
- Manage Callbacks
- Set up Play Treatments
- Set up Office Hours
- Define Capacity
- Add Exception Patterns
- Enable Status Notifications for Callback
Learn about scenarios
Find more details about the available scenarios and Service Configuration
- User Terminated Immediate
- User Terminated Delayed
- User Terminated Scheduled
- User Terminated Delayed Agent Preview
Learn about options
Learn about Callback and Service APIs
Once your Callback Service is ready, you can start implementing your application.
APIs related to Callback Services, builtin services, and ORS scenarios are detailed in GMS API References.
For custom samples, see:
- ClassicCallbackSample illustrates how to implement an IVR (Genesys Voice Platform VoiceXML) application that communicates with GMS and performs classic Callback scenarios.
- Custom Callback Sample implements an On-Dial plugin to interface with the GMS Callback service. Developers should use this sample as a reference to build a Composer application that is invoked as a plugin from GMS Callback.
The Service Management UI also includes a Sample panel to test your Callback Services.