Installing WFM Database Utility
The Workforce Management (WFM) Database Utility configures the database you created (see Create Your WFM Database) to receive WFM data. If you are migrating from a previous version of Genesys Workforce Management (WFM), the WFM Database Utility also transfers your existing data into the new database.
To install the WFM Database Utility, see the Procedure: Installing the WFM Database Utility.
Running the WFM Database Utility
When you start the 8.1 WFM Database Utility for the first time, the options that are available depends on whether the WFM Database Utility finds a 7.x database. If you have only a blank database, you can choose one of three actions:
- Restore Database from .MDB File—Use this option to restore your database from a backup file. Restoring creates a database with the same version number as the database you backed up and restores your data from the backup file to the new database.
ImportantIn some cases, after restoring your database, you must run the WFM Database Utility again and select Update Database to update your database to the latest 8.1 version.
- Create Database—Use this option to create your 8.1 database if this is your first WFM installation.
- Migrate Database—Use this option to migrate data from a release 6.x database.
If you have been running WFM 7.x, select Update Database to update the database to the latest version.
Purpose: To install the WFM Database Utility.
Start of Procedure
- Ensure the Microsoft .NET Framework Version 1.1 or higher is installed on the host.
See the Genesys Supported Operating Environment Reference Guide.
- On your Workforce Management release disk, navigate to the solution_specific\WFMDatabaseUtility\windows directory.
- Double-click Setup.exe.
The Database Utility Installation Wizard opens.
- Click Next to start using the Database Utility Installation Wizard.
- Select the directory into which you want to install the WFM Database Utility and then click Next.
- On the Ready to Install window, click Install.
A progress bar shows the setup status.
- Click Finish to close the Installation Wizard.ImportantYou must restart your computer before you can use the WFM Database Utility.
End of Procedure
- Start the Database Utility. See Running the WFM Database Utility