Troubleshooting Your WFM Configuration
To troubleshoot your Workforce Management configuration, click any of the following topics to find suggestions for resolutions to specific issues:
- Performance Shows No Intra-Day Statistics
- Headings Do Not Match Columns in Exported Reports
- Real-Time Agent Adherence Is Not Working Correctly
- Agents Are Not Being Scheduled
- Calculation of Average Handling Time Based on TotalTime Statistics
- Cannot Find Agents or Sites
- Errors or Warnings When Creating a Schedule
- Data on Active Interactions Disappears
- Forecast Appears Inaccurate
- Schedules Are Highly Over- or Understaffed
- WFM Configuration Utility Error Messages
See Other Troubleshooting Topics
Performance Shows No Intra-Day Statistics
If the WFM Web Performance subsystem does not display statistics for Interaction Volume, Average Handling Time, Service Level, and other key Intra-Day statistics, verify that:
- WFM Data Aggregator has initialized successfully; has made successful connections to Configuration Server, Stat Server, and the WFM database; and has been running for 30 minutes.
- A schedule has been published for the current time interval.
- The correct Stat Server name appears in the Site Properties window in the Configuration > Organization module of the WFM Configuration Utility.
- The necessary statistics are configured in the Statistics window in the Configuration > Activities module of the WFM Configuration Utility.
- Time zones are configured correctly for the business unit or site.
- The statistics are monitoring the correct Genesys objects, such as queues, routing points, and so on.
- The TimeProfile parameter is correctly configured in Stat Server.
Headings Do Not Match Columns in Exported Reports
When you export the reports, select the MS Excel Tabular option.
Real-Time Agent Adherence Is Not Working Correctly
If the Real-Time Agent Adherence window is empty, then verify that:
- A schedule has been published for the current time interval.
- You have associated the correct WFM Data Aggregator name with the site that contains the agents you are looking at in the WFM Configuration Utility.
- You have configured a connection to the appropriate Stat Server in the WFM Data Aggregator Application object.
- Your WFM Data Aggregator Application object specifies a connection to your WFM Server on the Connections tab.
- T-Server, Stat Server, and WFM Data Aggregator are running properly.
- Stat Server is configured to connect to the appropriate T-Server.
Agents Are Not Being Scheduled
- The agents’ hire dates are not the same as the current date and come before the start of the schedule period.
- The agents are associated with a Contract that can be scheduled.
- The agents’ Contract is not associated with shifts that are incorrectly configured, preventing the agents who is in that Contract from being given any shifts.
- The agents have skills configured.
- The agents have skills that qualify for at least one of the activities you are scheduling.
Calculation of Average Handling Time Based on TotalTime Statistics
Average Handling Time (AHT) is calculated by taking the total duration of all interactions that are completed during a timestep, divided by the total number of interactions handled during that timestep.
In cases where Total Handle Time is collected for an interval, but no interactions have been handled in that interval, WFM can optionally associate the Handle Time with the previous interval. To enable this option, use the HandleTimeWriteBack configuration key.
Cannot Find Agents or Sites
- WFM is synchronized with Configuration Manager.
- The WFM user experiencing this issue has permission to view the site, agents, and logins for the missing sites and/or agents.
Errors or Warnings When Creating a Schedule
In most cases, when schedule results are not as expected, a configuration error is the cause. With a valid configuration, you rarely see errors.
If the configuration settings lead to a disparity between the staffing requirements and the actual schedule, the Schedule Validation window records the problems. Sometimes it indicates which parameters you must change to correct the disparity.
When schedule validation warnings appear, it is essential to begin narrowing down the scope of the scheduling problem by isolating a single agent, team, contract, shift, or other object until the problematic configuration point is identified and resolved. The most frequent causes of schedule errors and warnings include:
- Incompatibility between day-off constraints and constraints set for weekly hours or schedule planning period hours.
- Incorrectly configured meal and shifts constraints.
- Exceptions inconsistent with contract or rotating pattern constraints.
If you are unsure how to troubleshoot the schedule results or are reluctant to change WFM configuration data, contact Genesys Customer Care.
Data on Active Interactions Disappears
If you close WFM Data Aggregator using the Windows NT Task Manager, you will lose all data on currently active interactions, because Windows NT does not allow enough time for WFM Data Aggregator to save the active data.
Forecast Appears Inaccurate
- The statistics being used to collect data for each activity are appropriate.
- The Genesys objects (queues, routing points, and so on) used to monitor statistics are appropriate.
- The Genesys objects are not combining data for interactions that should be associated with different activities. For example, if multiple interaction types are coming through a single routing point, then attached data must be used to filter statistics by interaction type.
- There is no historical data with null values in the WFM historical data table wm_perf_activities.wm_callvol. You can verify this by exporting the historical data to a local file using the WFM Configuration Utility.
- You have a sufficient quantity of historical data for the forecasting method you are using. The Expert Average Engine requires one full week of historical data and the Universal Modeling Engine requires at least one year of historical data.
Schedules Are Highly Over- or Understaffed
- The schedule was built after a forecast was published.
- There is sufficient flexibility in the working hours constraints for the agents’ weekly and schedule-planning periods, configured in the Contracts module.
- There is sufficient flexibility in the working days constraints.
- There is sufficient flexibility in the weekend day-off rules for the schedule-planning period.
- The agents’ contract availability is flexible enough to cover the open hours for the desired activities.
- Team constraints are not enabled or are configured with enough flexibility to adequately cover the entire day’s interaction volumes.
- All shifts have valid configurations.
- All scheduled agents have received the correct number of weekly and/or schedule-planning period hours. If they haven’t, this indicates a configuration error.
WFM Configuration Utility Error Messages
- Database Access Point is not found!
Verify that your DAP is selected on the Connections tab of the WFM Configuration Utility Application object.
- Too many Database Access Points are specified!
Verify that only one DAP is selected on the Connections tab of the WFM Configuration Utility Application object.
- Server does not exist or access denied.
Verify that the correct database server name is entered in the DBMS Name field of the DAP Application object’s DB Info section.
- Could not resolve service name.
Verify that the correct database server type is selected in the DBMS Type field of the DAP Application object’s DB Info section.
- Cannot open database requested in login <database name>. Login fails.
Verify that the correct database name is entered in the Database Name field of the DAP Application object’s DB Info section.
- Login failed for user <user name>.
Verify that the correct user name is entered in the User Name field of the DAP Application object’s DB Info section.