Reporting and Analytics Aggregates 8.5.0 Deployment Procedure
This deployment procedure applies to all 8.5.0 releases of Reporting and Analytics Aggregates listed in the 8.5.0 Release table. Most releases use the same standard deployment procedure.
Standard Deployment Procedure for Migrating to 8.5.0
This deployment procedure applies for all 8.5.x releases of Reporting and Analytics Aggregates (RAA) that are listed in the release table above. Note: If you are a GI2 user, refer to the Genesys Interactive Insights Deployment Procedure. To deploy this installation package within a new environment, follow the instructions provided in either:
- For GI2 users: Genesys Interactive Insights Deployment Guide.
- For RAA users: Reporting and Analytics Aggregates Deployment Guide.
To deploy the package within your existing 8.5.x RAA environment, perform the following steps:
- On Microsoft Windows platforms, uninstall the prior RAA release. (You do not need to delete any RAA objects.)
- Following the instructions in the Genesys Info Mart 8.5.x Deployment Procedure, migrate your Info Mart database schema to the version that is associated with the appropriate Genesys Info Mart release. For each RAA 8.5.x release, the Product Alerts lists the supported Genesys Info Mart releases that interoperate with RAA.
- Reinstall RAA from its installation package following the instructions in the Reporting and Analytics Aggregates Deployment Guide.
- If you intend to deploy GI2 and run userdata reports without customization, run the make_gim_UDE_template_<dbms>.sql script, if it has not already been run.
- Refer to "Updating Tenant Aliases in Multi-Tenant Environments" in the Reporting and Analytics Aggregates User’s Guide to determine whether (and how) to recreate tenant read-only views.
- If your environment uses other than the GMT time zone, check to see whether time zone objects are still valid and that your reports yield data in the desired time zone. If either yields unexpected results, recreate time-zone objects following the instructions provided in "Reporting Outside the GMT Time Zone" in the Genesys Interactive Insights User’s Guide.
When deploying RAA in an environment where you have customized Info Mart database partitioning (partition-kit.ss exists in the Genesys Info Mart root folder), or where you have customized aggregation (patch-agg-subhour.ss exists in the Genesys Info Mart root folder), note that, for most deployments, these files are no longer required in release 8.5.0. Perform the following steps:
- Back up the following files, and remove them from the Genesys Info Mart root folder:
- Enable partitioned-gim or materialize-subhour-in-db in the database, as required.
If you require further customization, you can implement it by copying the partition-kit.ss and patch-agg-subhour.ss files from their respective IPs to the Genesys Info Mart root folder, and re-implementing any customizations that you might have made. Contact Genesys Customer Care if you need further assistance.