Reporting and Analytics Aggregates 8.5.0 Deployment Procedure
This deployment procedure applies to all 8.5.0 releases of Reporting and Analytics Aggregates listed in the 8.5.0 Release table. Most releases use the same standard deployment procedure.
Standard Deployment Procedure for Migrating to 8.5.0
This deployment procedure applies for all 8.5.x releases of Reporting and Analytics Aggregates (RAA) that are listed in the release table above. If upgrading an existing deployment, see also:
- For GCXI, see the Genesys CX Insights Deployment Procedure.
- For GI2, see the Genesys Interactive Insights Deployment Procedure.
To complete a 'fresh' deployment of this installation package, follow the instructions provided in the Reporting and Analytics Aggregates Deployment Guide, and see also:
- For GCXI, see the Genesys CX Insights Deployment Guide.
- For GI2, see the Genesys Interactive Insights Deployment Guide.
To deploy the package within your existing 8.5.x RAA environment, perform the following steps:
- On Microsoft Windows platforms, uninstall the prior RAA release. (You do not need to delete any RAA objects.)
- Following the instructions in the Genesys Info Mart 8.5.x Deployment Procedure, migrate your Info Mart database schema to the version that is associated with the appropriate Genesys Info Mart release.
- For each RAA 8.5.x release, the Product Alerts lists the supported Genesys Info Mart releases that interoperate with RAA.
- Reinstall RAA from its installation package following the instructions in the Reporting and Analytics Aggregates Deployment Guide.
- If you intend to deploy GI2 and run userdata reports without customization, run the make_gim_UDE_template_<dbms>.sql script, if it has not already been run.
- Refer to "Updating Tenant Aliases in Multi-Tenant Environments" in the Reporting and Analytics Aggregates User’s Guide to determine whether (and how) to recreate tenant read-only views.
- If your environment uses other than the GMT time zone, check to see whether time zone objects are still valid and that your reports yield data in the desired time zone. If either yields unexpected results, recreate time-zone objects following the instructions provided in "Reporting Outside the GMT Time Zone" in the Genesys Interactive Insights User’s Guide.
- When deploying RAA in an environment where you have customized Info Mart database partitioning (partition-kit.ss exists in the Genesys Info Mart root folder), or where you have customized aggregation (patch-agg-subhour.ss exists in the Genesys Info Mart root folder), note that, for most deployments, these files are no longer required in release 8.5.0. Back up the following files, and remove them from the Genesys Info Mart root folder:
- If you have made customizations to the the partition-kit.ss and patch-agg-subhour.ss files, you can preserve your customizations by manually copying them into the patch-agg.ss file, applying them only to the partitioned tables that are joined to the query during customization. Contact Genesys Customer Care if you need further assistance.
RAA Product Alerts
Reporting and Analytics Aggregates (RAA) 8.5 is an optional add-on to Genesys Info Mart 8.5 and a mandatory component of Genesys CX Insights and Genesys Interactive Insights (GI2). A compatible release of Genesys Info Mart must be installed and operational prior to RAA installation. The following software releases interoperate correctly:
|RAA Release||Genesys Info Mart Release||Java||GI2 Release||GCXI Release|
|8.5.011.03||8.5.011.18 (minimum), 8.5.014.34 (recommended)
|8.5.011.02||8.5.011.18 (minimum), 8.5.014.26* (recommended)
|*Beginning with release 8.5.011.02, you can view information about the RAA release, and compatible Genesys Info Mart releases, by entering the following command at the command console: java -jar GIMAgg.jar -version|
|8.5.010.01||8.5.011.18 (8.5.014.09 for Chat Thread reporting, 8.5.014.19 Genesys Predictive Routing reporting)||1.7||Not supported||9.0.012.01|
|8.5.009.04||8.5.011.18 (8.5.014.09 for Chat Thread reporting)||1.7||Not supported||9.0.010.05|
|8.5.008.00||8.5.011.15 (8.5.013 for Media Neutral reporting)||1.7||Not supported||9.0.010.04|
|8.5.007.00||8.5.011.15 (8.5.011.18 for Co-browse)||1.7||Not supported||9.0.009.00|
|8.5.005.03||8.5.010.16 (for information about asynchronous chat support,
talk to your Genesys representative)
|8.5.003.00||8.5.011.04||1.7||8.5.001.02 (BI 4.2)|
|8.5.002.00||8.5.009.14||1.7||8.5.001.02 (BI 4.2)|
- RAA 8.5 supports GI2 8.5 releases, as well as specific releases of GI2 8.1.1, but does not support intervening GI2 releases, such as 8.1.4. (For information about RAA support for GI2 8.1.4, see the RAA 8.1 Product Release Advisory).
- In PostgreSQL deployments, Reporting and Analytics Aggregates (RAA) requires that the Info Mart schema name must either be public or be the same as the User ID.
- Beginning with RAA release 8.5.001.48, RAA adds support for the following environment:
- PostgreSQL v9.6 database
- Beginning with RAA release 8.5.001.45, the RAA installation package now includes the following driver versions:
- Microsoft SQL Server 6.0.8112.100 JDBC driver
- Oracle 126.96.36.199 JDBC driver
- PostgreSQL 9.4.1212 JDBC driver
- Beginning with RAA release 8.5.001.23, Microsoft SQL deployments of RAA require Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 or later.
- If—at the recommendation of Genesys personnel—you upgrade your JDBC driver to a version other than that which is deployed by RAA 8.5, then in addition to copying this driver to the location specified by Genesys Info Mart 8.5 and/or updating any environment variables that point to it, you must also place it in the \agg\lib subdirectory for RAA's use and overwrite the existing driver that is in this location. The file name of the JDBC driver must be as follows:
- ojdbc6-188.8.131.52.jar, for Oracle
- sqljdbc4-3.0.jar, for Microsoft SQL Server
- postgresql-9.3-1101.jdbc41.jar, for PostgreSQL
- The following RAA metrics are no longer populated by default:
To populate these metrics, you must enable the Genesys Info Mart config option, gim-etl-populate\populate-thread-facts, which is disabled be default. In some earlier Genesys Info Mart releases, these metrics were automatically populated.