Social Media Plug-in for Workspace Release Notes
|Release Date||Release Type||Restrictions||AIX||Linux||Solaris||Windows|
This release contains the following new features and enhancements:
- When setting up or updating Twitter and Facebook channels, you can select Do not store personal data to ensure the obfuscation of personal data (Personally Identifiable Information) from Twitter and Facebook messages after the on-premise Twitter and Facebook drivers fetch the data.
- Tweets now display as expected, without counting images as part of the 140-character limit.
- Inbound and outbound Twitter and Facebook interactions now support Unicode 6 emojis from an installed font such as Segoe UI Emoji.
- To enable emojis, you must:
- Add the following parameters to the Social Messaging Server init file JavaServerStarter.ini under the [JavaArgs] section:
- WARNING: To avoid data corruption, you must ensure that all components in the chain of communication use UTF-8 encoding.
- Install the font Segoe UI Emoji from http://www.myfontfree.com/segoeuiemoji-myfontfreecom126f132714.htm
- Set the font name and font size for Twitter inbound interaction text and the font name for Twitter outbound interaction text by adding these options to the WDE configuration settings under the "interaction-workspace" section:
- twitter.font-name=“Segoe UI Emoji”
- twitter.font-size=[specify font size if you need to change the default of 14]
- Set the font name and font size for Facebook inbound interaction text and font name for Facebook outbound interaction text by adding these options to the WDE configuration settings under the "interaction-workspace" section:
- facebook.font-name=“Segoe UI Emoji”
- facebook.font-size=[specify font size if you need to change the default of 14]
- Agents can now use the History tab to address a Twitter interaction already marked as Done. They can Reply, Reply All, Retweet, Retweet With Comments, or mark it as a Favorite.
- The Facebook channel now supports emoticons and displays Unicode 6 emoji characters to represent the emoticons. Prerequisite: Configure emoji support as specified in the entry above.
- The related map between emoticons and emojis is defined in the file EmoticonsEmojis.xml, where you can add, update, or remove emoticon-emoji pairs. After editing this file, you must restart WDE.
This release contains the following resolved issues:
The plugin now correctly restores Facebook comments after a suspension of the Facebook channel. (SMD-3470)
When Facebook messages do not include user details, users now see "Username Privacy-Protected" rather than "unidentified" or "null". (SMD-3385)
No special procedure is required to upgrade to release 8.5.400.77.