|Maintenance Notice - PDF Generation|
|Dynamic PDF generation for web-based content is temporarily unavailable. This maintenance affects dynamic PDF files that are generated from either the HTML-based page or manual that you are viewing. Links that normally allow this functionality have been hidden, and will reappear as soon as the feature is restored.
Genesys Knowledge Center CMS Release Notes
|Release Date||Release Type||Restrictions||AIX||Linux||Solaris||Windows|
This release contains the following new features and enhancements:
- Improved the Import Knowledge Base experience. Now when importing the knowledge base definition you can modify the knowledge base properties before confirming the operation.
- Added support for document templates which allow content to be divided into multiple sections; each of which can be assigned different visibility such as public, agents only, or a specific sub-group of agents only.
- Support for the following browsers. See Browser Support for: Genesys Knowledge Center (Customer-Facing) User Interface on the Supported Operating Environment: Genesys Knowledge Center page for more detailed information and a list of all supported browsers.
- Google Chrome version 59
- Mozilla Firefox release 54
- Safari 10
- Internet Explorer 11
- Microsoft Edge release 40
- Support for PostgreSQL v9.6 database. See the Supported Operating Environment: Genesys Knowledge Center page for more detailed information and a list of all supported databases.
- Security improvements:
- CORS filtering is now allowed
- Application directory traversal is no longer allowed
- Disc encryption is now supported
- Genesys logos are now updated to reflect the new company branding.
This release contains the following resolved issues:
The CMS now reads configuration objects according to their configured access. Previously, the CMS would not start if any skills assigned to an agent were hidden using permissions. (GK-5526)
The CMS now starts correctly and uses the root Scripts folder (located directly in the tenant) to store information about the knowledge bases. Previously, the CMS would fail to start when there were multiple Script folders (for example, via the use of Configuration Units) in the tenant(s) to which the application was connected. (GK-5527)
No special procedure is required to upgrade to release 8.5.304.09.