Advisors Platform Release Notes
|Release Date||Release Type||Restrictions|
|12/21/18||General||Under Shipping Control|
Advisors Platform is platform-independent software. You can deploy the installation package on any operating system that Advisors Platform supports.
- Advisors Administration Module Available as a Desktop Client Application — Customers concerned with Adobe Flash vulnerabilities can now run the Advisors administration module as a desktop client application, instead of using the existing Advisors administration web application that requires Flash. Contact your Genesys representative to request the administration module client application. (PLT-8068)
- Changes to Apache Configuration for Advisors — Baseweb static files are no longer needed and are not included in the Advisors distribution. If you are following the Apache configuration recommendations, no files need to be served directly from Apache. (PLT-8059)
- Improvements to Caching of Advisors Data — Cached Advisors data now makes use of Kryo serialization, which should improve the performance for most environments. Default use of Kryo serialization is configured in the new distributed.caching.useKryo property contained in the Advisors Caching.properties file. (GFA-5036)
- New ReadMe Files Included in the Installation Package — There are new ReadMe files included in the Advisors Platform installation package. The content of all Oracle folders and subfolders is described in the WhatsInThisFolder.txt file. The WhatFolderToUse.txt file explains how to decide which folder to use (definer or current_user) when creating or migrating Oracle databases. The two folders, as well as the WhatFolderToUse.txt file, are included in the following three subfolders: oracleJServer, oracleNoJServer, and migration. (PLT-8115)
- JDK Support — Support for OpenJDK 8. See the Prerequisites section on the Pulse Advisors page in the Genesys Supported Operating Environment Reference Guide for more detailed information and a list of all prerequisites. (PLT-8094 )
- Version Support for Chrome Browser — Starting with this release, you require Chrome version 66.0+ to run the Advisors user interfaces. (PLT-8089)
- Discontinued Support for Chrome Browser on Windows Server 2008 — Starting with this release, you can no longer use the Chrome browser on Windows Server 2008 to run the Advisors user interfaces. Windows Server 2008 support for Chrome ends with Chrome version 49.0 and the Advisors user interfaces require, as a minimum, Chrome version 66.0. (PLT-8089)
This release contains the following resolved issues:
The allowed size for the application group name column has been increased to 128 characters. Previously, using application group names longer than 50 characters did not allow the recording of alerts and threshold violations. (PLT-8106)
The metric library Delete and Clone buttons in the Column Chooser no longer disappear in the scenario in which you create a metric library, click Save & Apply, and then reopen the Column Chooser. (PLT-8067)
When the Solution Control Server (SCS) connection opens before the Configuration Server connection opens, the SCS connection waits for the Configuration Server connection to open before Data Manager attempts to subscribe to Advisor Genesys Adapter (AGA) status changes. Previously when the SCS connection opened and the Configuration Server connection was not yet open, then the Data Manager was unable to subscribe for AGA changes and XML Generator could not detect an AGA switchover unless you restarted XML Generator. (PLT-8065)
No special procedure is required to upgrade to release 9.0.002.03.