Advisors Platform Release Notes
|Release Date||Release Type||Restrictions|
|10/11/18||General||Under Shipping Control|
Advisors Platform is platform-independent software. You can deploy the installation package on any operating system that Advisors Platform supports.
This release contains the following new features and enhancements:
- Changes to Log Files and Storage—The default storage location for log files changes in this release. In addition, the component name is now included in log file names.
- The Advisors Platform installation wizard now prompts you to specify the location in which to store log files. Starting with this release, the default locations are:
- Windows: c:\genesys\log\advisors\
- Linux: /mnt/log/advisors/
- Advisors Platform IP Updates—The following changes have been made to the Advisors Platform Installation Package:
- The structure of subfolders has been rearranged in the platform-database-sql/oracle folder. The content description is in the WhatsInThisFolder.txt file. The archive folders contain adjusted scripts for older versions. They are included for use in migrations that involve database versions older than 9.000.06.
- The database validation script that Genesys recommended for use with previous releases is now added to the Advisors Platform Installation Package. The advisors-platform-<version>_ValidateDatabaseInstall.sql script becomes part of the installation/migration process and you must apply it after all application components are installed and before they are started for the first time.
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)—To assist customers who must comply with the European Union's GDPR, some unused columns have been removed from the Platform database tables. The columns stored persistent data that could be personally identifiable information (PII), such as users' first and last names. Although the columns stored such data, the data was not used by Pulse Advisors.
- For additional information about PII that might be stored in properties files or an Advisors database, see the following sources:
- In the Pulse Advisors Deployment Guide, see Advisors Platform prerequisites information.
- In the Contact Center Advisor and Workforce Advisors Administrator User's Guide, see the note about email addresses that you enter on the Notification Lists page in the Advisors administration module (used only with Resource Management Console).
- For more information about PII and the GDPR, see the Genesys Security Deployment Guide.
- Personally Identifiable Information (PII)—All PII, such as first name, last name, email address, will be removed when you migrate the Platform database and, going forward, will no longer persist in the database.
This release contains no resolved issues.
No special procedure is required to upgrade to release 9.0.001.06.