Bot Gateway Server Release Notes
|Release Date||Release Type||Restrictions||AIX||Linux||Solaris||Windows|
This release contains the following new features and enhancements:
This is the first Generally Available release for this product.
- Bot Gateway Server provides a platform to deploy bots that communicate via Chat Server with one or multiple input channels such as web chat, SMS, or messaging apps. Each bot is started and controlled by a workflow.
- Bot Gateway Server allows you to:
- Connect a bot to a chat session in one of three different visibility modes: conference, coaching, and monitoring.
- Run a bot either in waiting (the interaction is not routed until bot finishes) or parallel (the interaction is being routed or processed by an agent) mode.
Rich Media capabilities
Bot Gateway Server API provides bots with the ability to:
- Send outbound structured messages and access incoming structured messages (replies).
- Send and receive file attachments (images, audio, video, documents, and more).
- Read standard responses from Universal Contact Server (UCS) for the purpose of sending structured messages and file attachments.
- Render field codes for structured messages.
- Process an error or a notification from a channel (such as Apple Business Chat) that might occur during the delivery of an outbound message.
- Send emojis in chat messages.
Provided with IP
- Bot Gateway Server components.
- API modules with documentation and project template for developing new bots.
- Sample bot projects to demonstrate capabilities of API.
- Sample workflow that demonstrates how to communicate with Bot Gateway Server from Universal Routing Server (URS) and Orchestration Server (ORS) strategies.
Bot Gateway Server provides historical reporting via Kafka integration. See Integrating BGS with Genesys Historical Reporting for more information.
Support for the following operating systems. See the eServices page in the Genesys Supported Operating Environment Reference Guide for more detailed information and a list of all supported operating systems.
- Transport Layer Security 1.2
- Oracle Java 8 Developer's Kit (SDK)
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2016
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
This release contains no resolved issues.
No special procedure is required to upgrade to release 9.0.004.08.