HA ORS Migration Procedure to 8.1.4 when Persistence Enabled
This procedure applies if you have Orchestration Server 8.1.3 installed and are upgrading to a later version. It also applies when migrating from Orchestration Server 8.1.3 to 8.1.4.
Note: If the _sendSessionRecovered parameter in an SCXML strategy is not set to true, a session may not be recoverable.
- Switch over a primary ORS instance to a backup mode.
- Stop the ORS instance that is running in backup mode.
- Upgrade the ORS Application, as follows:
- Store the existing configuration option settings in a *.cfg file using the Export utility in Configuration Manager. Preserve this *.cfg file in a secure location in case you need to rollback later.
- Install the new ORS Application; refer to the Installation section in the Orchestration Server 8.1.4 Deployment Guide.
- Specify any new configuration options on the Options tab of the ORS Application, if required.
- Start the ORS Application that you just upgraded. Refer to Starting and Stopping in the Orchestration Server 8.1.4 Deployment Guide.
- Make sure that the Application started in backup mode.
- Switch over the ORS instance currently running in primary mode to run in Backup mode. The ORS instance that you just upgraded is now running in primary mode.
- Stop the ORS instance that is currently running in backup mode.
- Upgrade that ORS Application using the steps in step 3.
- Start the ORS Application that you just upgraded, and make sure it is running in backup mode.
- Perform steps 1-9 for each of the other ORS nodes.
This page was last edited on September 29, 2017, at 17:54.
Comments or questions about this documentation? Contact us for support!