Default Value: False
Valid Values: True, False
Changes Take Effect: Immediately
Enables package serialization globally for GRAT rules packages. Package serialization can be used to bring less frequently accessed rule packages back into service much faster, improve performance when unloading expired packages, improve performance when loading rule packages into memory and use less GRE memory.
New Features by Release
- The Genesys Rules Development Tool (GRDT—last release 8.1.4) has been merged with the Genesys Rules Authoring Tool (GRAT) to provide one platform for development of templates through to authoring of business rules and their publication to the Genesys Rules Engine or other specified engine.
- The user interface of the new GRAT has been upgraded to the current Genesys branding and style guidelines.
- A number of enhancements have been made to Genesys Rules Engine to better handle package expiration and serialization. These new features will:
- Speed up GRE startup time
- Reduce initial memory usage of GRE on startup
- Reduce GRE memory usage over time
- Improve performance when unloading expired packages
- Improve performance when loading rule packages into memory
- A new configuration option—enable-package-serialization—allows you to enable or disable this functionality globally for rules packages. The feature can be disabled at the rule package level if required by checking the Disable Package Serialization checkbox on the General tab of a rule package.
- Support for OpenJDK 1.8.
- Undo/re-do buttons have been added to the user interface to assist in editing rules, calendars and test scenarios.
- GRAT has been upgraded to support latest browser releases for improved security and support.