Deploying GRE in Genesys Administrator
To install GRE on Configuration Servers 8.1.0 or later, Genesys Administrator 8.1.0 or later is required.
- Import the installation package into Genesys Administrator.
- Install the GRE IP.
- Configure the Rules Engine application.
Import the installation package into Genesys Administrator.
- On the Deployment tab of Genesys Administrator, select Import.
- Select Installation CD-ROM.
- Click Next.
- Browse to the MediaInfo.xml file on the CD or the CD image location on the network (the path must be in UNC format).
- Click Next.
- To import the installation package, select GRE for your operating system as well as the appropriate type in the list:
- For Management Framework 8.1, the type is Business Rules Execution Server.
- For Management Framework 8.0 and earlier, the type is Genesys Generic Server.
- Select Next to start the import.
- Click Finish when the import is complete.
Install the GRE IP
- Select the Deployment tab in Genesys Administrator. The list of installation packages will now display GRE.
- Right-click and select Install Package for the IP for your operating system and type.
- Click Next to start the installation wizard. The following parameters must be defined/selected:
- Application Name for the GRE application
- Target Host—The host to which the .war file will be copied during the installation procedure.
- Working Directory—The directory in which the .war file will be created.
- Client Side IP Address (optional).
- Client Side Port (optional).
- Configuration Server hostname.
- Configuration Server port.
- Connection delay time in seconds
- Reconnect Attempts.
ImportantFor a secure connection, the Configuration Server port should be of type Auto Detect (Upgrade).
Configure the Rules Engine application
- In the [Server Info] section, verify the default listening port, as well as the connector port on which the Rules Engine Servlet receives requests:
- The ID value is the name of the Rules Engine web application. The default name of this application is genesys-rules-engine.
- The Listening port is the connector port of the servlet container. For example, on Tomcat the default listening port is 8080.
- The Connection Protocol must be http.
- On the Tenants tab, add the Tenants that will be available to the Rules Engine.
- On the Connections tab, add a connection to Message Server if you want to use network logging.
- On the Options tab, configure options. In addition to the standard logging options that you can configure, you can configure an option named fileEncoding in the [logging] section. fileEncoding specifies the encoding that is to be used during creation of the log file, for example, UTF-8. This value is optional. If you do not specify this option, the server's locale information will determine the log file encoding. This option is available for both GRE and GRAT. Also, the log4j.properties file that is included in both components supports a similar option, log4j.appender.runtime.Encoding. The log4j.properties file is used for initial log configuration prior to the reading of the log configuration from the Configuration Server database.
- There are several optional configuration options to work with in the Configuration Options Reference Guide.
- Save your changes.
Deploy the genesys-rules-engine.war file to your application server. See Deploying the .WAR files.
This page was last modified on August 30, 2019, at 12:57.