Installing the GRE Component
- To run the installation package for the GRE, after the application has been created in Configuration Manager.
- From the host on which the GRE is to be installed, locate and double-click Setup.exe in the rulesengine folder of the Genesys Rules System CD.
- Click Next on the Welcome screen of the installation wizard.
- Enter the connection parameters to connect to Configuration Server (Host, Port, User name, and Password).
- On the Client Side Port Configuration screen, if you do not want to configure client-side port parameters, leave the checkbox empty and click Next. If you do want to configure these settings, select the checkbox to display to additional options: Port and IP Address. Enter values for these options and click Next.
- Select the Rules Engine application that you created in Creating the GRE Application Object in Configuration Manager. Click Next.
- Specify the destination directory for the installation, or accept the default location, and click Next.
- Enter the host and port of the optional backup Configuration Server and click Next.
- Enter the number of times that the Rules Engine application should attempt to reconnect to Configuration Server (Attempts) before switching to the backup Configuration Server, and the amount of time (Delay) between attempts. Click Next.
- Click Install.
- Click Finish.
ImportantAfter the specified number of attempts to connect to the primary Configuration Server all fail, then connection to the backup Configuration Server is attempted. If these attempts to the backup Configuration Server fail, then once again connection to the Primary Configuration Server is attempted. If no backup Configuration Server is configured, there is no limit on the number of connection attempts.
ImportantIn release 8.1.1 only, GRE may fail with ClassNotFoundException errors during rule execution. This problem does not occur in release 8.1.2 or 8.1.3. To prevent it, set the Java runtime option -Dmvel2.disable.jit option to true. Then restart the application server.
- Deploy the genesys-rules-engine.war file to your application server. See Deploying the .WAR files.
This page was last modified on June 23, 2013, at 23:45.