|Maintenance Notice - PDF Generation|
|Dynamic PDF generation for web-based content is temporarily unavailable. This maintenance affects dynamic PDF files that are generated from either the HTML-based page or manual that you are viewing. Links that normally allow this functionality have been hidden, and will reappear as soon as the feature is restored.
Deploying GRE in Genesys Administrator
To install GRE on Configuration Servers 8.1.0 or later, Genesys Administrator 8.1.0 or later is required.
- Import the installation package into Genesys Administrator:
- On the Deployment tab of Genesys Administrator, select Import.
- Select Installation CD-ROM.
- Click Next.
- Browse to the MediaInfo.xml file on the CD or the CD image location on the network (the path must be in UNC format).
- Click Next.
- To import the installation package, select GRE for your operating system as well as the appropriate type in the list:
- For Management Framework 8.1, the type is Business Rules Execution Server.
- For Management Framework 8.0 and earlier, the type is Genesys Generic Server.
- Select Next to start the import.
- Click Finish when the import is complete.
- Install the GRE IP. Select the Deployment tab in Genesys Administrator. The list of installation packages will now display GRE. Right-click and select Install Package for the IP for your operating system and type. Click Next to start the installation wizard. The following parameters must be defined/selected:
- Application Name for the GRE application
- Target Host—The host to which the .war file will be copied during the installation procedure
- Working Directory—The directory in which the .war file will be created
- Client Side IP Address (optional)
- Client Side Port (optional)
- Configuration Server hostname
- Configuration Server port
- Connection delay time in seconds
- Reconnect Attempts.
- On the next screen, enter Connection ID and Connection Port for GRE.
- Edit the Connection port for the genesys-rules-engine connection. The Connection Port is the connector port of the servlet container. For example, on Tomcat the default listening port is 8080. The Connection Protocol can be set in the configuration part under Provisioning.
- Verify the previously defined installation parameters on the Deployment Summary screen.
- Configure the Rules Engine application:
- In the Server Info section, verify the default listening port, as well as the connector port on which the Rules Engine Servlet receives requests:
- The ID value is the name of the Rules Engine web application. The default name of this application is genesys-rules-engine.
- The Listening port is the connector port of the servlet container. For example, on Tomcat the default listening port is 8080.
- The Connection Protocol must be http.
- verify-deploy-address indicates whether to verify that the TCP address of the application that is deploying rules is that of an associated Genesys Rules Authoring Tool. The default value is true.
- sequential-mode specifies whether to run the GRE in sequential mode. In sequential mode, no additional data can be inserted or modified after the initial data set, simplifying the GRE operations. The default value is false.
- max-number-rule-executions specifies the maximum number of rules to be executed during a request. This option is used to detect unwanted recursions when sequential-mode is false. Once the maximum is reached, an error is reported. The default value is 10000.
- deployed-rules-directory (which, before release 8.1.3, must be manually added if you want to assign it a value) specifies the directory in which to keep the working copy of deployed rule packages. When a package is deployed, a copy of the deployed package is placed here. When the GRE is restarted, all packages that are defined in this directory are loaded and made available for execution. Specifying a deployed-rules-directory is recommended. If deployed-rules-directory is not assigned a value, the rule packages will be placed in the WEB-INF\config sub-directory within the genesys-rules-engine web application directory. At this location the deployed rule packages may get deleted when an updated .war file is deployed.
- esp-worker-threads (new in release 8.1.2), specifies the maximum number of worker threads available when using the ESP interface to execute rules. The default for this value is 5 threads.
- Deploy the genesys-rules-engine.war file to your application server. See Deploying the .WAR files.