Migration to 8.1.3
The 8.1.3 repository is not compatible with earlier versions of the repository. A new repository database must be created as part of the GRAT installation process.
- From the 8.1.2 Genesys Rules Authoring Server:
- Click on each tenant and export the templates associated with that tenant as an XML file.
- Click on each rule package that you wish to migrate and export as an XML file.
- Create a new database for GRAT 8.1.3 (leaving the old one in place).
- Install 8.1.3 Genesys Rules System.
- Start 8.1.3 Genesys Rules Authoring Server. This creates the tables inside the new database.
- Log into 8.1.3 Genesys Rules Authoring Server.
- For each tenant, import the template XML file (from step 1a).
- For each tenant, and under each solution, click on New Rule Package and import the corresponding rule package XML file (click the Auto-save option).
- Redeploy each rule package to the corresponding 8.1.3 Genesys Rules Engine(s).
- Optionally, fom 8.1.3 Genesys Rules Deployment Tool, you may import the templates from the 8.1.3 Genesys Rules Authoring Server.
- Upgrade to 8.1.2 GRS.
- Follow the 8.1.2 to 8.1.3 migration procedure.
See the Genesys Rules Authoring Tool Help for explicit steps for exporting and importing templates and rules.