The Plug-in Management screen displays all installed plug-ins in your GAX environment. To access the screen, navigate to Administration > Plug-in Management.
You can click on the name of a plug-in to view additional details, such as which server hosts the plug-in. Click Plug-ins to display more information, which displays in a new panel to the right:
- Name—The name of the plug-in
- Version—The version number of the plug-in.
- Language—The language used by the interface of the plug-in
- Provider—The name of the user or company that provided the plug-in
- State—This field can be set to Enabled or Disabled, depending on the status of the plug-in. See Enabling or disabling a plug-in in GAX for more information.
The following actions can be performed in the Plug-in Management area:
- Plug-ins can be installed.
- If your GAX instance uses Jetty, see Installing Plug-ins with the Software Installation Wizard.
- If your GAX instance uses Tomcat, or the plug-in is designed for GAX 8.1.3 or earlier, see Installing Legacy Plug-ins.
- Language packs can be installed. See Installing Language Packs for more information.
- Plug-in options can be modified. See Modifying plug-in settings for more information.
- Plug-ins can be enabled or disabled. See Enabling or disabling a plug-in in GAX for more information.
- Plug-ins can be removed. See Removing a plug-in from GAX for more information.
Installing Plug-ins with the Software Installation Wizard
- The plug-in install profile automatically fetches GAX Application objects for selected Host objects.
- Plug-in options are merged into the affected GAX Application objects. See the Deployment Wizard tab in the Genesys Administrator Extension Help for detailed information.
Installing Legacy Plug-ins
Installing Language Packs
Modifying plug-in settings
Enabling or disabling a plug-in in GAX
- It is not possible to disable the gax-core plug-in.
- The option to enable or disable a plug-in is available only for the application or node to which the user is currently connected. Other GAX applications or nodes will provide a link to manually log in to that instance.