You need to maintain your Dell server as you would any server with a critical-path RAID array. For details, see the Dell Owner's Manual for your R430.
If you are experiencing hardware issues, contact your BEP provider for diagnostics and replacement of failed components.
The Genesys component software in Business Edition Premise requires limited maintenance; however, you are responsible for the following:
- Completing a backup of the system after installation.
- Updating Business Edition Premise credentials after installation.
- Installing anti-virus software consistent with corporate guidelines (Genesys does not recommend anti-virus software running on hosts with SIP RTP messaging as it can affect voice quality).
- Enabling security policies/firewall per corporate guidelines.
- Installing updates.
- For the content, maintenance, and upkeep of the built-in MS SQL or Postgre SQL (configuration) databases. The user IDs and passwords are provided in the database section on this page.
FTC regulations may require that Outbound Contact Server (OCS) audit logs be stored for up to 24 months. Due to storage limitations, the log zip utility on the core VM is configured to only retain these logs for a maximum of 60 days. It is your responsibility to move the logs to external storage before the 60-day expiration.
To access the built-in MS SQL or Postgre SQL (configuration database) databases, use these credentials:
|Database and role||User name||Password|
|Postgre SQL administrator||postgres||Postgre$0|
|Genesys Administrator Extension (GAX)||genesys_gax||Genesy$_0_gax|
|Genesys Info Mart (GIM)||genesys_gim||Genesy$_0_gim|
|Interaction Concentrator (ICON)||genesys_icon||Genesy$_0_icon|
|Outbound Contact Server (OCS)||genesys_ocs||Genesy$_0_ocs|
|Universal Contact Server (UCS)||genesys_ucs||Genesy$_0_ucs|
To configure the database backup for MS SQL server, use the MS SQL server Maintenance Plan Wizard to create and schedule three Maintenance Plans, as follows:
|Maintenance Task||Full||Differential||Transaction Log|
|Expire||14 days||14 days||14 days|
Step 1: Open MS SQL Server Management Studio and connect to the database server
- Open Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio by clicking Start > All Programs > Microsoft SQL Server 2012 R2 > SQL Server Management Studio.
- Connect to the database server:
- Server type: Database Engine
- Server name: <VM> (for multi-VM use the db VM)
- Authentication: SQL Server Authentication
- Login: sa
- Password: G3n35y5!
Step 2: Create the maintenance plans
- Go to Management > Maintenance Plans, and launch the wizard by right-clicking on Maintenance Plans.
- Follow the wizard steps and make the following changes:
- Name: <choose a name for the backup> (for example: Weekly Full)
- Description: <provide a brief description> (for example: Weekly Full DB backup)
- Separate schedules for each task: True
When you are done, click Next.
- For the maintenance tasks to be performed, select Full, and click Next.
- Define the Backup Database task, as follows:
- Database(s): All user databases
- Backup set will expire: After (in days) 14 days
- Back up to: Disk
- Create a backup file for every database: Create a sub-directory for each database
- Folder: Choose a destination for the DB backup. (for example: D:/Backup)
- Set backup compression: Compress backup
- Verify backup integrity: True
- Schedule: Adjust according to the backup type in the table above (for example: weekly for full).
- Select the Report options. The wizard allows you to either save or distribute the report:
- Write Report to text file (specify the save location)
- Email Report (enter names of recipients)
When you are finished, click Next.
- Check your settings and click Finish.
- Repeat these steps to create maintenance plans for the Differential and Transaction backups, using the settings shown in the table above.
Step 3: Verify the scheduled jobs
After the Maintenance plan for each backup is created, a scheduled job is added. Each job resides under SQL Server Agent > Jobs. You can force the generation of the backup by right clicking the job.
Once the jobs complete, you can verify the backups have been created by browsing to the directories specified during the job creation (for example: D:/Backup).
Recommendations and options
External system interfaces:
- Media Gateway/SBC: add network bandwidth and provision the network infrastructure.
- Agent phones: add network bandwidth and provision the network and phones.
- Organization email (if the customer selects the email option): provision the network.
- Organization backend servers (optional): provision the network and security information.
- Organization Network Management System (optional): provision the network and security information.
- For the optional email package, set up an account for the ESJ server to connect with the corporate email server to pick up incoming email.
Network voice requirements:
- 50ms between particular endpoints
- MOS > 4
- R factor > 70
- network jitter < 40ms
- RTP packet loss 0