Depending on your business needs, you can install the Business Edition Premise platform in one of two ways:
- As a single-VM platform, consisting of one VM installed on a single Dell R430 server running VMware ESXi 5.5.
- As a multi-VM platform, consisting of five VMs installed on a single Dell R720 or Dell R420 server running VMware ESXi 5.5.
Both platforms include the following features and components:
- Genesys software components, such as Framework, LCA/GDA, 3rd party Components (Apache Tomcat), eServices, Routing, and SIP Server, and the PostgreSQL configuration database
- Database features, including MS SQL Server, Genesys DB Servers, Genesys InfoMart, and RAA
- Genesys Voice Platform features, including Voice Platform components such as Media Control Platform and Resource Manager
- User interfaces, such as Genesys Administrator and Genesys Administrator Extension, IWS, Pulse, and GI2
After installation and initial configuration, the Business Edition Premise server is a basic Genesys 8 suite, which customers can extend with additional Genesys applications and functionality.
In a multi-VM deployment, the five VMs play specific roles:
- Core VM includes core Genesys software components such as Framework, Routing, and SIP Server, as well as the PostgreSQL configuration database
- DB VM includes MS SQL Server, Genesys DB Servers, Genesys InfoMart, and RAA
- GVP VM includes Voice Platform components such as Media Control Platform and Resource Manager
- UI VM includes user interfaces such as Genesys Administrator and Genesys Administrator Extension, IWS, Pulse, and GI2
- Aux VM includes some Genesys Framework components (LCA/GDA), 3rd party components (Apache Tomcat), and room for additional packages such as eServices (required for email and chat functionality)
The table lists the key components used to control settings and reports. The component name links to its documentation home page.
|Genesys Administrator||User and extension configuration, Outbound management|
|Genesys Administrator Extension||Web-based product that simplifies operation management with the ability to provision, deploy, and monitor all Genesys applications|
|Interaction Workspace||UI for agents and supervisors|
|Universal Contact Server Manager||Email contact management|
|Composer||Email deployment (and potential customization of voice and email routing)|
|Knowledge Manager||Email configuration|
|Genesys Interactive Insights||Historical reporting|
|Pulse (also known as EZPulse)||Real-time reporting|