Outbound routing application
The Business Edition Premise Outbound solution is an Outbound VoIP deployment that allows for the following types of dialing modes:
- Predictive: This dialing mode predicts agent availability when it dials calls from a calling list and is recommended for high-volume, low-value campaigns.
- Progressive: This dialing mode dials calls from a calling list when an agent is actually available and is recommended for low-volume, high-value campaigns.
- Preview: This dialing mode allows an agent to request one or several records from Outbound Contact Server (OCS), preview each record, and decide whether to dial a call.
For more information about dialing modes, see Dialing Modes in the Outbound documentation.
The Outbound routing strategy directs the outbound call to an agent group according to the options configured in the Outbound Parameter Group. For more information about Outbound routing, see the Outbound documentation.
This section describes how to deploy the outbound routing application.
There are no specific Business Edition Premise configuration requirements for the outbound routing application. By default, the Outbound Parameter Group is loaded against Routing Point 7000. To edit the Outbound Parameter Groups, login to GAX and go to Operations > Parameter Groups.
Also, Genesys recommends that you configure automatic pruning of the Universal Contact Server (UCS) database to prevent it from growing too large in size. To configure automatic pruning of the UCS database, do the following:
- On the VM, log in to Universal Contact Server Manager (for multi-VM, use the aux VM).
- Select the Scheduled task on Main DB tab.
- Configure the Main DB maintenance settings as desired.
- Click Save.
To edit the Outbound Parameter Groups, log in to GAX and under Operations, select Parameter Groups.