How to Create and Insert Field Codes
Using Field Codes includes:
Creating Field Codes
From the eServices Manager browser window:
- Select the language and Field Codes from the drop-down menus.
- Click New.
- To configure your new Field Code, enter the properties you need in the Field Code configuration pane and then click Save.
The new Field Code appears in the Category Tree pane. You can edit a Field Code anytime by double-clicking it in the Category Tree.
- Enter a name and (optionally) a description for the field code.
- Select System and/or Custom variables from the drop-down lists.
- Click Insert to populate the text box with the selected variables.
See a detailed discussion of variables in eServices Manager.
If the custom variable you need is not in the list, you can [+] create a custom variable.
- Enter any other desired text in the Text field. This text must conform to the rules described in Using Formulas in Field Codes.
- Click Check to verify that the field code is well-formed (that is, that it has no typographical errors, missing parentheses, and so on).
Inserting Field Codes into a Standard Response
To insert Field Codes:
- Select a Standard Response from the Category Tree or else create a new Standard Response.
- Click Insert Field Code to display a list of all the available field codes.
- Select a field code and click OK to insert it, together with its required delimiters (<$ $>), into the Standard Response.
- Click Check Field Codes to see the standard response with the Field Codes rendered, showing the default values for each Field Code.