Order of Migration
Except where noted, the following tasks apply to all migration procedures:
1. Prepare for Down Time
A period of down-time is inevitably associated with the database update. This down-time could be substantial (up to 1 day), depending on the amount of data you are migrating and the operating system you are using. You must take this into account when scheduling your database migration and perhaps, consider performance tuning.
Minimizing Down Time for 6.5 Migration
If you are migrating a large 6.5 data set, you can minimize your data collection downtime by using the Procedure: Two-Step Migration. Consult with Genesys Professional Services or Genesys Customer Care if you need recommendations for how best to plan and ensure your existing data is migrated into your environment.
2. Back Up Your Database
Genesys recommends using a Database Management System (DBMS)to backup your database before beginning your migration or update.
If you are currently running a version of WFM earlier than 6.5.201.00, the WFM Database Utility automatically updates your existing database to 6.5.201.00 while migrating your data to the 7.x database. Doing so changes the original database structure in such a way that you can no longer use your original database in your existing environment.
If you have Workforce Management 6.5, the WFM Database Utility automatically performs the additional upgrades required before your data can be transferred to the new Workforce Management 7.x Database.
3. Migrate or Update the Database
Complete one of the following procedures, depending on which release you are migrating to WFM 8.5.x:
- Procedure: Migrating WFM 8.x or higher (Tomcat)
- Procedure: Migrating WFM 8.x or higher (WebSphere)
- Procedure: Migrating WFM 7.x or higher (Tomcat)
- Procedure: Migrating WFM 7.x or higher (WebSphere)
- Procedure: Migrating WFM 6.5
4. Verify Your Connections and Settings
If you experience any connectivity issues immediately after any migration or update:
- Verify that you have the correct connections specified on the Connections tabs of the Application objects for each component.
- In WFM Web’s Organization module, update:
- Data Aggregator Name, Tenant, Password, and Time Profile for each Business Unit object
- Data Aggregator Name, Tenant, Password, and Time Profile for each Site object
- WFM Server for each Site object
- Assign or unassign Agent (depending on login detected) for each Site object
- In WFM Web’s Users module, update:
- Time Zone, WFM Builder object, and Role for each user