|Maintenance Notice - PDF Generation|
|Dynamic PDF generation for web-based content is temporarily unavailable. This maintenance affects dynamic PDF files that are generated from either the HTML-based page or manual that you are viewing. Links that normally allow this functionality have been hidden, and will reappear as soon as the feature is restored.
Genesys Knowledge Center CMS Release Notes
|Release Date||Release Type||Restrictions||AIX||Linux||Solaris||Windows|
This release contains the following new features and enhancements:
- Unified knowledge base configuration within the CMS application:
- The Knowledge Center CMS now manages all aspects of knowledge base configuration.
- The CMS configuration is automatically shared with Knowledge Center Server.
- The Knowledge Center plugin for Genesys Administrator has been discontinued and its functionality has been moved to the Knowledge Center CMS.
- Automatic environment provisioning when you install the product. Minimizes the number of steps required during installation by doing routine configuration updates, such as:
- Replicating the tenant list from the cluster application to all connected nodes
- Adding default port definitions
- Adding the English language code
- Adding the self-service media type
- Support for tree structures for knowledge base categories.
- Redesigned user interface that simplifies authoring in multi-language, multi-region environments. These are just a few of its new features:
- Knowledge dashboard that shows key statistics and recent changes
- Separate workspaces for authoring and administration
- Full-screen design to leverage as much space as possible for authoring tasks
- Notifications to allow you to see problems with authored content
- Compare mode that allows easy comparison with and copying from previous document versions while editing documents and categories
- Traffic-light system for tracking document status
- Support for multiple document types within a single knowledge base: allows you to store documents of different types and structures within one knowledge base.
- Support for multi-tenant environments: a single Knowledge Center Cluster can now serve multiple tenants within your environment.
- Support for Java 8 and higher
This release contains the following resolved issues:
When running as a service, Knowledge Center now binds to all network interfaces. (GK-3960)
No special procedure is required to upgrade to release 8.5.303.14.