Genesys Knowledge Center CMS Release Notes
|Release Date||Release Type||Restrictions||AIX||Linux||Solaris||Windows|
This release contains the following new features and enhancements:
- Unified knowledge base configuration within the CMS application:
- The Knowledge Center CMS now manages all aspects of knowledge base configuration.
- The CMS configuration is automatically shared with Knowledge Center Server.
- The Knowledge Center plugin for Genesys Administrator has been discontinued and its functionality has been moved to the Knowledge Center CMS.
- Automatic environment provisioning when you install the product. Minimizes the number of steps required during installation by doing routine configuration updates, such as:
- Replicating the tenant list from the cluster application to all connected nodes
- Adding default port definitions
- Adding the English language code
- Adding the self-service media type
- Support for tree structures for knowledge base categories.
- Redesigned user interface that simplifies authoring in multi-language, multi-region environments. These are just a few of its new features:
- Knowledge dashboard that shows key statistics and recent changes
- Separate workspaces for authoring and administration
- Full-screen design to leverage as much space as possible for authoring tasks
- Notifications to allow you to see problems with authored content
- Compare mode that allows easy comparison with and copying from previous document versions while editing documents and categories
- Traffic-light system for tracking document status
- Support for multiple document types within a single knowledge base: allows you to store documents of different types and structures within one knowledge base.
- Support for multi-tenant environments: a single Knowledge Center Cluster can now serve multiple tenants within your environment.
- Support for Java 8 and higher
This release contains the following resolved issues:
When running as a service, Knowledge Center now binds to all network interfaces. (GK-3960)
No special procedure is required to upgrade to release 8.5.303.14.