Working with QL queries
Saving QL queries
You can save frequently used QL queries for later use. To save a newly executed query:
- Type a valid QL query in the input field and click the Save button.
- In the Create custom filter query dialog box that displays, enter a name for the query:
- Optionally, check the Public checkbox to make the filter public.
- Click Create.
- The query text cannot be changed in the dialog box. Only the name and Public status can be changed.
- You can apply either Visual Filters or saved Query Filters at one time, but not both.
|Custom filter name||The filter name is case sensitive and unique per tenant.|
|Query text||Uneditable text taken from search input.|
|Public||When checked, the query filter is shared with other users in the same tenant.|
Accessing saved query filters
You can access the saved filter from the filter selector:
Editing QL queries
A saved query can be edited later.
To edit the filter's query text:
- Display the query filter you want to change.
- Click in the search query field at the top of the screen, make your edits, then click the Save button.
- You can optionally choose to edit the name or public status of the filter in the dialog box that displays.
- Save the changes in the current filter or save them as a new query filter.
To edit only the name and publicity status of a filter:
- Select the query filter you want to change and click its pen icon.
- Make your required changes and save them in the current filter or save them as a new query filter.
Deleting QL queries
To delete a query filter:
For a user's own private query filters, no privileges are required for View/Create/Modify/Delete actions.
|Action available when granted||Create||Modify||Delete|
|Change to private type||Required|
|Change to public type||Required *||Required *|
(*) To change a private query filter to public, either "Create Filters" or "Modify Filters" privileges or both is required.