Configuring an iWD Tenant
ImportantIt is recommended that you do not create any Solutions and Services under the System Tenant. You should do so under a managed Tenant.
- Navigate to GAX -> Configuration -> Environment > Tenants.
- Click New to open a configuration page. This has three tabs: General, Options and iWD Attributes. Two more—Permissions and Dependencies—appear when the Tenant is saved.
- Enter the following information. For some fields, you can either enter the name of a value or click Browse to select a value from a list:
- General tab
- Name—The name of the Tenant. You must specify a value for this property, and that value must be unique within the Configuration Database.
- Password—A password that must be used to access this Tenant.
- Confirm Password—A confirmation of the password.
- Parent Tenant—The parent Tenant of this Tenant. By default, the parent Tenant is the Tenant in which you are creating the new Tenant. If you change this field, the new Tenant will be created as a new child Tenant under the specified parent Tenant. To subsequently change the parent Tenant, refer to the Structure tab, above.
- Chargeable Number—The account number to which activities for this Tenant are charged, for cost-tracking purposes.
- Default Contract—The default cost contract applied to resources of this Tenant. For more information, refer to the Routing Solutions chapter of the Universal Routing 8.0 Routing Application Configuration Guide.
- State Enabled—If selected, indicates that the object is in regular operating condition and can be used without any restrictions.
- Configure the Options for this tenant:
- Create an iWD section if it does not exist already.
- Add business-process-to-use property - List of Business Process names separated by a semicolon to be used for filtering in iWD Manager. By default, iWD Manager only displays queues from the same Business Process as queues defined for a given solution. Business Process names must be taken from:
- (IRD based BP) Option [Namespace] / BusinessProcess set in any Script object of type Interaction Queue (GAX > Configuration > Environment > Scripts > [queue_name]).
- (ORS based BP) Option [__COMPOSER__] / owner_uuid set in any Script object of type Interaction Queue (GAX > Configuration > Environment > Scripts > [queue_name]).
- If you want to use all available business processes, use an asterisk symbol (*).
- Configure user permissions for this Tenant.
- Configure any Dependencies for this Tenant.
- Configure the iWD Attributes for this Tenant.
- ID—The Tenant's runtime ID, generated automatically.
- Description of the tenant.
- Social Messaging Enabled—Check to enable social engagement integration for this Tenant.
- Rule Authoring Tool URL—The URL of the Genesys Rules Authoring Tool for this iWD Tenant.
- Current Configuration Version—Contains the version of iWD configuration (Filters, Media Icons, Account Settings) which is applied for the current tenant.
- Actual Configuration Version—Contains the latest available configuration version.
- Click Update Configuration to update the Tenant configuration to the actual version. Usually this button is disabled. Updates are automatically applied during the login into GAX if the user has sufficient permissions. But during the procedure to create a new Tenant, users need to invoke the update explicitly.
- Click Inventory Report to print to screen a complete view of the Tenant hierarchy, including Solutions, Departments and Processes.
- Add any Custom Tenant attributes by clicking Add and filling in the Name Type and Value table.
- Save the Tenant.
- Open the Tenant again, go to the iWD Attributes tab and click '"Update Configuration"' to create the default set of iWD Manager filters.
ImportantIf you are not logged in as the default User, or are not a member of the SuperAdministrators Access Group, you must have special permissions and role privileges to create a Tenant. Refer to the Genesys 8.5 Security Deployment Guide for details about the security requirements for creating a Tenant.
This page was last edited on June 27, 2022, at 09:15.