Welcome to the Interaction Concentrator User’s Guide
The User's Guide contains articles and information enabling you to understand basic Interaction Concentrator architecture, detailed information about Interaction Concentrator features and functionality, and explanations of how to perform ongoing maintenance and administration of Interaction Concentrator.
For planning materials, prerequisites, and deployment instructions, see the Interaction Concentrator Deployment Guide.
This document assumes you have a basic understanding of:
- Computer-telephony integration (CTI) concepts, processes, terminology, and applications
- Network design and operation
- Database design and operation
- Your own network configurations
You should also be familiar with:
- Genesys Framework architecture and functions
- Genesys products deployed in your contact center
- Your real-time and historical reporting objectives
The information in this Guide is divided into the following sections:
About Interaction Concentrator
These topics provide detailed information about Genesys Interaction Concentrator data, features, and functionality. They also provide a high-level overview of the basic architecture and components of Interaction Concentrator.
- Overview: Architecture, Components, and Functionality
- Introducing IDB Schema
- How ICON Works
- Identifying Who Released the Call
- Tracking Multi-Site Call Data Via ISCC
- Integrating with Multimedia
- Processing Attached Data
- Monitoring Virtual Queues and Routing Points
- Agent States and Login Sessions
- Integrating with Outbound Contact
- Processing User Events and Custom-Defined States
Explains how to implement HA in Interaction Concentrator and how data is processed in HA environments.
Explains how to perform ongoing maintenance and administration of Interaction Concentrator, as well as to troubleshoot startup and runtime problems.
- Monitoring Interaction Concentrator
- Filtering IDB Data
- Resynchronizing Configuration Changes
- Using Special Stored Procedures