How Do I Uninstall GI2?
Use the installation utility that is provided with Genesys Interactive Insights () to uninstall the application. This wizard-driven utility removes the majority of files that are deployed during GI2 installation, and removes the application instance from the Microsoft Windows registry, however, it does not remove all traces of GI2, such as the GI2 universe or the GI2 reports. You can optionally perform additional manual steps to remove log files, objects, supporting applications and other data.
The following two procedures describe how to uninstall GI2 from Windows or Unix:
Procedure: Uninstall GI2 on Windows deployments
Purpose: Uninstall GI2 from Windows, using either the GI2 setup.exe file or the Windows Add/Remove Programs utility.
- From the GI2 installation package, double-click the setup.exe file.
- From the Welcome page, click Remove.
- In the Windows Control Panel, double-click Add/Remove Programs.
- Select the appropriate GI2 application:
Genesys Interactive Insights 8.x.
- Click Add/Remove.
This procedure deletes all of the deployed files in the GI2 directory and the program instance in the Microsoft Windows registry. Any additional files that have been placed in this directory after initial deployment, such as the generated deploy_unv_rep.log
file and any personal files, remain.
Next, perform the additional steps in Additional Manual Steps to Finish the Uninstall to complete the uninstallation.
Procedure: Uninstalling on Unix deployments
Purpose: Uninstall GI2 from Unix.
Additional Manual Steps to Finish the Uninstall
Procedure: Additional Manual Steps to Finish the Uninstall
Purpose: After removing the GI2 application, perform each of the following steps to complete the uninstallation of GI2:
- In the directory in which GI2 is installed, delete the installation’s log file (gi2_deploy_unv_rep.log).
- Delete the GI2 directory. The default location of this directory is:
C:\Program Files\GCTI\Genesys Interactive Insights
- Open the Central Management Console, and delete the following objects from the BI repository:
The GI2 universe:
This action deletes any custom measures that you might have created as well as those that are provided by Genesys.
The Interactive Insights folder:
- Genesys Interactive Insights This action deletes all subfolders and any custom reports that you might have created and stored within this folder as well as those that are provided by Genesys.
The Genesys-provided database connection:
The GI2 user groups, if you created these manually. Note that this action does not delete the users that are assigned to the groups:
- Interactive Insights report developers
- Interactive Insights report editors
- Interactive Insights report viewers
- Interactive Insights report basic
- Interactive Insights access restrictions
The GI2 users, if you created these manually:
The GI2 access levels, if you created these manually:
- Interactive Insights report developer access level
- Interactive Insights report editor access level
- Interactive Insights report viewer access level
- Interactive Insights report basic access level
- Remove the following job:
- Promotion Management -> Promotions Jobs -> <Release>
- (Optional) On the computer(s) used to import and export the universe, in the Users\...\businessobjects\bimodeler_14\workspace directory, delete both of the following:
- The universe file: GI2_universe.unv.
- The universe folder: GI2_universe. (The default universe directory is: C:\Users\<username>\.businessobjects\bimodeler_14\workspace\<project_name>\retrieval-<timestamp>.)
These manual steps complete the uninstallation of GI2 from your computer. To go one step further and uninstall the supporting applications and underlying data for GI2, complete the steps in Uninstalling the Supporting Applications and Data.
Uninstalling the Supporting Applications and Data
Procedure: Uninstalling the Supporting Applications and Data
Purpose: Remove the applications that are provided with the suite and the data that is stored in your Info Mart.
- To uninstall BusinessObjects Enterprise, refer to the “Uninstalling BusinessObjects Enterprise” chapter in the SAP Business Intelligence 4.1 Installation Guide for Windows (for UNIX).
- To uninstall the aggregation engine that creates and populates the AGT_* tables, refer to the Reporting and Analytics Aggregates Deployment Guide.
This page was last modified on February 12, 2018, at 11:48.