|Maintenance Notice - PDF Generation|
|Dynamic PDF generation for web-based content is temporarily unavailable. This maintenance affects dynamic PDF files that are generated from either the HTML-based page or manual that you are viewing. Links that normally allow this functionality have been hidden, and will reappear as soon as the feature is restored.
Suggested workarounds in case of errors in purging data
The Data Purge Utility may encounter errors while attempting to purge data from the specified tables. The following workarounds can be used to help overcome these errors:
- Modification of Cassandra configuration file:
- Login to Genesys Administrator and stop Workbench, in order to stop the Cassandra process.
- In an OS command prompt window on the Workbench host, change directory to <WORKBENCH_INSTALLATION>/cassandra/conf>
- In this directory, copy file cassandra.yaml to cassandra.yaml.sav
- Open file cassandra.yaml in a text editor and change the following:
- Using Genesys Administrator, start Genesys Workbench, in order to restart the Cassandra process.
- Re-run the DataPurgeUtility tool.
- After purging, do the following to roll back the Cassandra configuration changes,
- Stop Workbench/Cassandra (see step a.)
- Copy cassandra.yaml.sav to cassandra.yaml.
- Start Workbench/Cassandra (see step d.).
- Run the DataPurgeUtility using a parameter -tombstone_seconds when invoking DataPurgeUtility. Specify a small integer value e.g. 300 (for 5 minute). Please note that the GC_GRACE_SECONDS value for a specific table in Cassandra is temporarily set to this specified value. The value is restored to the default value of 8640000 (10 days) after the data is deleted. An example of command line is given below.
|cassandra.yaml||Current value||New Value|
java -jar DataPurgeUtility.jar -h 220.127.116.11 -p 9042 -t context_tree_new.events_by_type_name -c ts -d 30 -a event_type event_name -pk 0 –prk 1 -tombstone_seconds 300