Genesys Softphone VDI Adapter Release Notes
|Release Date||Release Type||Restrictions||AIX||Linux||Mac||Solaris||Windows|
This release includes the following new features or functionality:
- Genesys Softphone now supports VMware Horizon 8 for workstations running on Windows Operating Systems. The Genesys Softphone executable dedicated to VDI is now expanded to support this new environment and a new Genesys Softphone VDI Adapter dedicated to VMware Horizon has been developed. This new component is designed to be deployed as a plugin to the VMware Horizon Client installed on the end-user workstation. For more detailed information and a list of all supported operating systems, see the Genesys Softphone page in the Genesys Supported Operating Environment Reference Guide. (SOFTPHONE-1135)
- Genesys Softphone VDI Adapter for eLux RP 6 is now compatible with Citrix Workspace App version 2111 and above. (SOFTPHONE-1185)
- Up to version 1908 of Citrix Workspace App on eLux RP 6, Genesys Softphone VDI Adapter 9.0.018.10 (or below) is required.
- Starting from version 2111 of Citrix Workspace App on eLux RP 6, Genesys Softphone VDI Adapter 9.0.019.06 (or below) is required.
- If you are running a Citrix Workspace App version between 1908 and 2111, Genesys recommends upgrading to a Citrix Workspace App version greater or equal to 2111.
This release contains the following resolved issues:
A call that is muted and then put on hold, explicitly or indirectly by creating a consultation call, now remains muted when it is retrieved from hold. Previously, in such scenarios, the call was automatically unmuted when retrieved from hold. (SOFTPHONE-1200)
The implementation of DNS SRV resolution has been reworked in Genesys Softphone running on Windows Operating Systems. This new implementation now relies on the native DNS SRV capabilities of the operating system and resolves issues with dynamic updates of DNS servers, such as when a VPN is connected after Genesys Softphone was started. This implementation also provides support for Name Resolution Policy Tables (NRPT). (SOFTPHONE-1069)
No special procedure is required to upgrade to release 9.0.019.06.