Default Value: 5000
Valid Values: Any integer from 1 to 2147483647.
Changes Take Effect: At the next interaction
Specifies the maximum size of the message in bytes.
Apple Business Chat Plug-in for Workspace Desktop Edition Release Notes
|Release Date||Release Type||Restrictions||AIX||Linux||Solaris||Windows|
This release contains the following new features and enhancements:
- Structured messages now support Rich Linking, which shows customers an inline preview of an image or video within the chat. This feature enables customers to view media immediately without having to click a "Tap to Load Preview" message.
- Administrators can configure the option applebcsession.max-text-message-size to set the maximum size of the outbound text message, specified in bytes by converting the message string to UTF-8 encoding. A notification appears below the message area if the maximum value is exceeded. Some symbols, such as emojis, might require additional characters.
- Agents now see a pending-response indicator that signifies by color (green, to yellow, to red) how much time has passed since the agent received the customer message. The interval between color changes can be set by an administrator. Refer to the Apple Business Chat Guide for more information.
- The plugin now displays a currency symbol for all currency amounts that appear in Apple Pay forms.
- Agents can now perform the following functions in Apple Pay forms:
- Calculate and add tax to the total amount and shipping options
- Add, modify, or delete shipping options
- Support for the Windows 2016 operating system. See the eServices page in the Genesys Supported Operating Environment Reference Guide for more detailed information and a list of all supported operating systems.
This release contains the following resolved issues:
The message area now correctly remains visible if disposition codes are shown. Previously, the message area became hidden once disposition codes were shown. (MSGA-1203)
No special procedure is required to upgrade to release 9.0.002.04.