The iWD Solution is made up of the following major building blocks:
- iWD Manager—A standalone Java application that enables task monitoring and management.
- iWD Runtime Node—A standalone Java application that contains IWD Data Mart.
- iWD History Node—A standalone Java application that filters the flow of data from the Interaction Server, so that only iWD-relevant data is made available to iWD, thereby boosting performance.
- iWD Business Process—A set of strategies and queues for handling task classification, prioritization, distribution and archiving.
- iWD GAX Plug-in—For provisioning, configuration and deployment of iWD solutions and components.
- Genesys Rules System—A set of software components that are used for rule template development, rules authoring, and rule evaluation. The Rules Engine and Rules Authoring Tool are web applications that run on a web application server. The Rule Development Tool is an Eclipse plug-in.
- Genesys CIM Platform—Core Genesys components that provide interaction management (Interaction Server), routing (Universal Routing Server), employee presence and employee and queue-based real-time statistics (Stat Server), and configuration and management services (Genesys Management Framework, including Genesys Adminstrator Extension (GAX), Configuration Server and Message Server).
The figure below illustrates the detail-level building blocks of the intelligent Workload Distribution solution, the relationships among them, and the external components that are involved.
The centralized logging feature supports logging of iWD log messages through Genesys Message Server. This feature provides the additional capabilities of viewing these log messages through a centralized log viewer (such as that included in Genesys Administrator) as well as the ability to generate alarms and SNMP traps through Genesys Solution Control Server. Refer to the Deployment Guide for information about configuring centralized logging.