How to View SNMP MIBs
This topic describes how to view the SNMP MIBs by using a MIB browser. Genesys Voice Platform (GVP) components maintain status information and statistics in SNMP MIB tables. You can view and query these MIBs with an SNMP Management Console.
For a list of the GVP SNMP traps and SNMP MIB tables, see the Genesys Voice Platform 8.1 SNMP and MIB Reference.
Viewing the MIBs
This section describes how to enable SNMP MIB browsing.
• You must have already installed and configured the Genesys SNMP Master Agent. See the Framework 8.1 Deployment Guide. • You must have already installed the GVP installation package VP MIB. See the Genesys Voice Platform 8.1 Deployment Guide.
- Install any MIB browser.
- Import the GVP MIBs from the MIB installation directory, and have them compiled in the MIB browser that you have installed.
- The GVP MIB component has two files: GVP.mib and GVP-TRAPS.mib. It is important that you compile the mibs in the following order:
- a. Compile GVP.mib first.
- b. When you are done compiling GVP.mib, compile GVP-TRAPS.mib. The GVP-TRAPS.mib has dependencies from the GVP.mib file and will create compilation errors if you compile it first.
- ImportantYou cannot query and extract MIB data from any of the agents in which GVP is running unless GVP MIBs are compiled and imported into the MIB browser.
- Configure the browser to connect to the Master Agent’s ip:port.
- Load the MIB from the VP MIB IP: Expand the tree, and select a leaf node—for example, GVP-MIB > gvpApps > mcp > mcpScalarTable >mcpScalarEntry-mcpStartTime.
- Issue a GETNEXT. When correctly set up, the Master Agent will return a name/value/type—for example, mcpStartTime.<MFDBID>, <some date+time>, OCTET STRING.
- To use GET, you will need to know the index variables (such as the MF DBID for scalar values) and append it to a node’s OID. For example, select mcpStartTime and you will get OID .22.214.171.124.4.1.17126.96.36.199.1.2.
To issue a GET with MFDBID=100, add .100, such that the OID is .188.8.131.52.4.1.17184.108.40.206.1.2.100.
For a non-scalar table, you must append more values after the MFDBID.
- If you get a timeout, verify that the Master Agent is running and the ip:port of the MIB browser is the same as the ip:port of the ServerInfo in the Master Agent’s Management Framework configuration.
- If you receive a random value for GETNEXT, verify that the component being queried is running and has a connection to the Master Agent in the component’s Management Framework configuration.
You can also check if there is a port conflict by stopping the Master Agent and running it directly from Window’s Start menu. The console will display that the ports were opened for listening.