Backing Up and Restoring GSVM Data
This section describes how to backup and restore data:
Backing Up Data Manually
- Open the directory GSVM/tools/bin
- Run the program ./datasnapshot This command backs up Genesys SIP Voicemail data by saving snapshots to the directories GSVM/storage/data/sipvm/snapshots and GSVM/storage/data/system/snapshots.
- Move or copy these directories (GSVM/storage/data/sipvm/snapshots and GSVM/storage/data/system/snapshots) to a backup location.
- You do not need to stop GSVM to perform this backup procedure.
- You can create a cron job to perform this backup automatically.
- This manual backup procedure stores multiple backups; nothing is overwritten. You must manually delete older backups if limited disk space is an issue.
Restoring Backed Up Data Manually
Purpose: To restore a snapshot of all data that Genesys SIP Voicemail that you created using the procedure Backing Up Data Manually. Start
- Stop GSVM.
- Delete the contents of content of GSVM/storage.
- Copy from the directories in your backup location to GSVM/storage/data/sipvm/snapshots and GSVM/storage/data/system/snapshots.
- Start GSVM.
See Starting and Stopping.
This page was last modified on February 26, 2013, at 08:30.