Configuring the Rules Repository Database for Configuration Manager
This procedure creates and configures in Configuration Manager the database that will be used as the Rules Repository.
Most database distributions include the JDBC connector that is needed; if this is not the case, you must download it from the vendor’s site. Genesys does not provide the JDBC connector. Genesys Rules System 8.1 can use either Java 6 or 7.
Once the configuration below is complete, the same database configuration will be used whenever GRAT is installed or updated. There will be no need to specify it again. Also, if any of the database information changes (for example, DB Server location, DB name, DB user or DB password), users can simply update the DAP and restart GRAT.
Either Oracle or Microsoft SQL or DB2.
- Create a new database using the normal DBMS procedures for the type you are working with. This is the database that will be populated by GRAT.
- In Configuration Manager, right-click the Environment > Applications folder and select New > Application. This opens the Browse dialog box that lists the available application templates.
- In the Browse dialog box, select the DAP template file, and click OK. This opens the Properties dialog box for the new DAP Application object.
- On the General tab:
- Enter a name for the DAP. A DAP can have the same name as the database itself. However, it is recommended that you make their names unique if you are using multiple access points for the same database.
- Do not enter anything in the DB Server field.
- Select the JDBC Connection check box. This will disable the DBMS Name field on the DB Info tab.
- Ensure that the
State Enabledcheck box is checked.
- On the DB Info tab:
- Enter the DBMS type, database name, username, and password.
- Set Case Conversion to any, and leave the DBMS Name field clear.
- On the JDBC Info tab, set the following values:
- Role field—Main
- Debug field—Unknown
- Query Timeout field—0 (zero)
- On the Server Info tab, enter the host name and port number.
- Add this newly created DAP to the Connections tab of the GRAT Application object.