Overview of Genesys Mobile Services APIs
Genesys Mobile Services contains multiple APIs, each dedicated to performing certain tasks as described below. Select the API name for a more detailed examination of the operations and responses they use.
- Storage API — Storage is general purpose API that allows users to temporarily store arbitrary data. Data may consist of key/value pairs of strings or binary objects.
- Service API — This API is used by customer facing applications to manage different type of contact center related services (for example the app-to-connect-basic service provides the necessary contact center access information so the end user and associated application can initiate an interaction with the contact center).
- Node API — This is a base ping API implementation which will be used by load balancers to determine the health of a given GMS node to determine if it can use this GMS node when it load balancing API requests across the set of GMS nodes.
- Notification API — This set of event-driven APIs is used to manage notifications between applications and Genesys systems. Users subscribe to an event and provide an indication of how the notification should be delivered, then events are published to the system.
- Note: The Notification API is only intended to be used with Orchestration Server-based Services, not from external mobile applications.
- Chat API — This API is used by customer facing applications to create and manage a chat session associated with a a contact center related services. A single service is associated with a single chat.
Overview of Services Provided by Genesys Mobile Services
- Genesys Mobile Services-based Services — These services are executed in the Genesys Mobile Services server. They provide fixed functionality that can only be tuned through configuration options.
- Orchestration Server-based Services — These services are executed in the ORS server. They include sample services which can be altered and customized by a developer to meet specific customer requirements.
- Genesys Mobile Services-Call Flows — Detailed call flow diagrams for the services included with Genesys Mobile Services.
This page was last modified on December 14, 2015, at 03:54.