|Maintenance Notice - PDF Generation|
|Dynamic PDF generation for web-based content is temporarily unavailable. This maintenance affects dynamic PDF files that are generated from either the HTML-based page or manual that you are viewing. Links that normally allow this functionality have been hidden, and will reappear as soon as the feature is restored.
Chat routing application
The Business Edition Premise chat routing application delivers chat interactions to the AG_Voice_Sample Agent Group.
The chat application sends acknowledgements to customers, informing them that:
- They are queuing.
- Their chat interaction has been delivered, along with the name of the receiving agent.
The AG_Voice_Sample Agent Group is a system-defined destination and cannot be changed. To configure a different destination for chat interactions, you must modify the chat strategy in Composer. For more information about configuring the chat strategy, refer to the Composer documentation.
This section describes how to activate, install, and deploy the chat routing strategy.
Activate the chat option
You can activate the chat option when first deploying the email routing application or when modifying an existing email routing application deployment.
Activating chat when deploying the email routing application
To deploy chat with email, follow the instructions described in Deploying the email routing application, but select Activate chat-media support when choosing the eServices applications to install.
Activating chat by modifying an existing email routing application deployment
You can also activate chat by modifying an existing email deployment.
- In GAX, go to Administration > Solution Definitions and select Genesys eServices Single Host Deployment.
- Click the operations icon (gear) and select Upgrade.
- Click Next to check the availability of required Installation Packages.
- Select eServices Solution and check Activate chat-media support, and then click Next.
- Click Finish to start the deployment.
Install the chat solution definition
WATCH: A short demonstration of the chat solution installation.
- In GAX, go to Administration > Solution Definitions and select Genesys One OPM Chat Parameters [ENU].
- Click Related (it's the gear icon) and select Install.
- Keep all default options, except for the following, which are specific to your site:
- GAX host
- GAX user
- GAX password
- Application Server host
Deploy the chat strategy
WATCH: A short video showing the chat strategy deployment, as performed on a system running BEP 8.5.000.
- In a browser, go to http://''<core VM name or IP address>''/ips. Locate, download, and extract the following zip file:
- Complete this step only if you are using BEP 8.5.000: You must download and install Composer (it is installed automatically in BEP versions 8.5.001 and later). From the same location in step 1, download and extract the following zip file:
- Install Composer 8.1.4 on a Windows system that is not a VM and is not already running Apache Tomcat (to avoid port conflicts). To do this, follow the installation instructions in the Composer 8.1 Deployment Guide.
- Important: Composer 8.1.4 is an Eclipse plugin that requires JDK 1.7 and a supported version of Eclipse. Composer installs its own Apache Tomcat server. (See the Release Note.)
- Open Composer and go to File > Import > General > Existing Projects into Workspace.
- Choose Select root directory and then select the GenesysOne_Chat folder that you extracted earlier.
- Important: Select the project from the newly populated list, ensuring Copy projects into workspace is enabled, and click Finish.
- Create a WAR file:
- Right-click the package name and select Export > Composer > Java Composer Project as WAR file.
- In the Export window, select Export Composer WAR file to a location. (You can ignore any warnings that are generated.)
- Copy the WAR file to \\<VM name or IP address>\c$\GCTI\apache-tomcat\webapps. The WAR file automatically extracts to a new GenesysOne_Chat folder.
Verify that chat is deployed successfully
Log into Workspace Desktop Edition (WDE) as an agent and confirm that:
- Chat is listed in the Media column with a Ready status.
- The Agent Group is AG_Voice_Sample.
Next, go to the widgets page on the core VM (http://<core VM name or IP address>:8380/widgets/launcher.html) and do the following:
- Check the Webchat box.
- In the URL field, enter the following address:
- http://<core VM name or IP address>:8090/genesys/2/chat/customer-support
- Click Launch, then click Chat.
- When the Live Chat window opens, click Start Chat.
There are no specific Business Edition Premise configuration requirements for chat. However, Genesys recommends that you configure automatic pruning of the Universal Contact Server (UCS) database to prevent it from growing too large in size.
To configure automatic pruning of the UCS database, do the following:
- On the VM host, log in to Universal Contact Server Manager.
- Select the Scheduled task on Main DB tab.
- Configure the Main DB maintenance settings as desired.
- Click Save.