Managing your greetings
Users can manage greetings for their personal mailboxes. Only users who are Group Mailbox Administrators can change greetings and passwords for group mailboxes.
To manage your greetings from a local or remote telephone, press 4 and use these commands:
- Press 1 to record an extended absence greeting.
- Press 2 to record a personal greeting.
- Press 5 to activate the standard greeting that inserts your recorded name into a standard message. For example: You have reached the mailbox of play_recorded_name.
- Press 6 to activate your personal greeting. Not available or played unless this greeting exists.
- Press 7 to activate your extended absence greeting. Not available or played unless this greeting exists.
After initiating each action, follow the audio prompts.
- Press * to exit the Greetings menu and return to main menu.
To manage your greetings from a web browser:
- Using your user credentials, log into Genesys Administration Extension (GAX IP address:port/gax).
- Under Administration > SIP Voicemail & Call Settings, select a mailbox, which is personal or device or agent group.
- Select Greetings and:
- Click New to upload a Personal/Extended Absence greeting.
- Click Delete to delete the existing Personal/Extended Absence greeting.
- Click Play to listen to the existing Personal/Extended Absence greeting.
Note Only the Group mailbox administrators have the privilege to play, upload, or delete greetings pertaining to the Group mailboxes.
Audio File Formats
The maximum size of an audio file (wav) that can be uploaded is 5MB. The duration of the audio file should be within the maximum duration as configured in the Feature Server application level.
Audio files must be in the following formats for uploading:
|Audio MIME Type||File format||Encoding||Sample Size||Sample Rate||Extension|
|audio/wav||Audio with .wav header||ULAW||8-bit mono||8000 Hz||.wav|
|audio/wav||Audio with .wav header||ALAW||8-bit mono||8000 Hz||.wav|
|audio/wav||Audio with .wav header||PCM_UNSIGNED||8-bit unsigned mono||8000 Hz||.wav|
|audio/wav||Audio with .wav header||PCM_SIGNED||16-bit signed mono||8000 Hz||.wav|