Accessing voicemail from a remote telephone
To access your voicemail from a telephone not connected to your internal telephone system:
- Dial the voicemail access number. If you have dialed into a group mailbox, you can only play messages.
- Enter your mailbox number and password. If you are accessing your voicemail for the first time, you must change your password.
- Press # to confirm.
- From the main menu, select from the following options:
- Press 1 to play new messages. (Messages become old after 1 play.)
- Press 3 to play old messages.
- Press 4 to reach the greetings menu.
- Press 5 to record your name or change your password.
- Use these commands while any message plays:
- Press 1 to rewind 10 seconds.
- Press 2 to pause or resume.
- Press 3 to forward 10 seconds.
- Press 4 to play a voice menu, which lists all commands for listeners.
- Press 5 to hear envelope information about the call, for example: message length (in H:M:S) and Caller ID of sender.
- Press 6 to forward the message.
- Press 7 to delete. (Message is saved if not deleted.)
- Press # (number sign) to go to the next message.
- Press * (asterisk) to cancel and return to the main menu.
Note: In the Telephone User Interface (TUI), mailboxes can be accessed only with mailbox credentials (mailbox number). Using DN, agent, or user credentials to access mailboxes is not supported.