|Maintenance Notice - PDF Generation|
|Dynamic PDF generation for web-based content is temporarily unavailable. This maintenance affects dynamic PDF files that are generated from either the HTML-based page or manual that you are viewing. Links that normally allow this functionality have been hidden, and will reappear as soon as the feature is restored.
|Image:ApiRef2.png||Purpose: Describes an extension.
Each extension fulfills the contract of an Extension Schema that your application created in anterior operations. Your application can create schemas for the following extensions:
- Available since: 8.0.100.00
- Profile extensions, created through the Create Profile Extension Schema operation, which provides extensions for profiles.
- Available since: 8.0.200.00
- Service extensions, created through the Create Service Extension Schema, which provides extensions at the service level.
- State Extension, created through the Create State Extension Schema operation, which provides extensions at the service level.
- Task extension, created through the Create Task Extension Schema operation, which provides extensions at the task level.
Once the extension schema is defined, your application can create and add extension records when dealing with standard profile, services, states, and task operations. For instance, if you start a task, you can specify extension records in your operation body as shown in the example section.
|customer_id||string||yes if not nested in a profile||The unique ID of the given customer.|
|name||string||yes||The unique, case-insensitive name of the extension.
||yes||Individual attributes, defined in the Extension Schema.|
<attribute n> corresponds to the attribute name defined in the schema.
|service_id||integer||yes||The unique ID of the service associated with the extension.|
|state_id||integer||yes if state extension||The unique ID of the state associated with the extension. For task and service extensions, you do not need to specify this id.|
|task_id||integer||yes if task extension||The unique ID of the task associated with the extension. For state and service extensions, you do not need to specify this id.|
|name||string<ref name="string"> Do not use Unauthorized Strings as attribute values.</ref>||yes||The unique, case-insensitive name of the extension. The name must start with a letter, and can be followed with letters, numbers, or underscores (_). The name is restricted to a maximum of 26 characters. (Maximum RDBMS shared limit on creation of index).|
||yes||Individual attributes, as defined in the extension schema. <attribute n> corresponds to the attribute name defined in the schema. Optional attributes do not need to be specified.|