This section describes how to prepare your environment before you install SpeechMiner, and how to install the SpeechMiner software. The SpeechMiner components can be installed on one or more servers, as required by the particular configuration of your system.
Before you install SpeechMiner, confirm the following:
- The system requirements are met.
- The required third-party software has been installed on the machines in your system.
- The required permissions are set.
- The individual installing SpeechMiner must be a database owner.
Once the above are confirmed, review the Preinstallation Checklist before you begin the installation process.
Important Points to Remember
- When working with Internet Explorer 11+, the Online Help documentation may not appear as it should due to your Internet Explorer > Compatibility View settings. To view the Online Help properly, go to the Tools menu, select Compatibility View Settings and verify that Display intranet sites in Compatibility View is not checked.
- A Text Interaction with more than 100K characters (with or without an attachment) is not supported.
- The following characters are not supported in Text interactions with xml formats (for example, chat and social): & < >.
- Phrases defined in SMART must be part of a single sentence. Phrases cannot be a combination of multiple sentences separated by a period. The period can only appear once at the end of the phrase.
Each server in the system requires at least the following available disk space before installing SpeechMiner:
- All servers: Approximately 1 GB of disk space for the recognition engine
- Recognition server(s): For the UPlatform service, 20 MB of disk space for the runtime folder plus approximately 10 GB for caching recognition packages. (The exact amount required for caching depends on the size of the implementation.)
- Database server: At least 20 GB for the SpeechMiner database. In addition, for some types of recording-system integrations that have a very high volume, a larger (10-200 GB) storage area is needed for temporary files.
- The initial size of the database is about 20 GB; it might grow larger, depending on the call volume and the call-purging policy.
- On relatively high-volume installations, UConnector might need its own dedicated server.
For detailed information about the SpeechMiner database refer to the Supported Operating Environment Reference Guide.
SpeechMiner works on machines running Windows operating systems.
For detailed information about the Windows operating systems that are compatible with each SpeechMiner component, refer to the Supported Operating Environment Reference Guide.
When working with the SpeechMiner web application, you must work with specific operating systems, browsers and resolutions.
- For detailed information about SpeechMiner operating system and browser compatibility refer to the Supported Operating Environment Reference Guide.
- For additional information about minimal desktop resolution and browser configuration see: Configuring your Browser
Machines running SpeechMiner must have the following minimal web client desktop specification:
- 8 GB RAM
- Dual-core, 2GHz or faster CPU x64-bit processor
- 10 GB hard drive
Machines running SpeechMiner servers and applications must have the following minimum memory requirements:
- Database server: 4 GB - 128 GB (dependent on call volume)
- Web server: 4 GB
- SMART application: 2 GB
- Platform server: 8 GB (allow 1 GB per recognizer task)
What Is Installed?
The following software will be installed on the machines in your system:
|On the Recognition Server(s)|
|On the DB Server||
|On the Web Server||
|On the Interaction Receiver Server||
|On Every Machine Running SMART||
Ports Used by the System Components
The following ports are used by SpeechMiner:
|Source||Destination||Protocol and Port Pair (ex. TCP 3389)|
|Web Servers, Platform Servers, SpeechMiner Administrator Workstations (SMConfig/SMART)||Database Server||tcp 1433|
|Database Server, Web Server, Platform Servers, SpeechMiner Administrator Workstations (SMConfig/SMART)||MS-SQL Report Server||http 80 / https 443|
|SpeechMiner Administrator Workstations (SMConfig/SMART)||WebServers||http 80 / https 443|
|Genesys Interaction Recording Server||Interaction Receiver Server||http 80 / https 443|
|Web Servers||Web Servers||http 80 / https 443|
|SpeechMiner Administrator Workstations (SMConfig)||Platform Servers, Web Servers||tcp 135|
|Web Servers, Platform Servers, SpeechMiner Administrator Workstations (SMConfig/SMART)||File System||smtp over tcp 445|
|Web Servers, SpeechMiner Administrator Workstations (SMConfig/SMART)||Active Directory||tcp 88|
|Web Servers, Platform Servers||Email Server||smtp over tcp 25|
|Platform Servers||Indexer Microservice||http 80|
|Elasticsearch Cluster||Elasticsearch Cluster||tcp 9300|
|Indexer Microservice||Elasticsearch Cluster||http 9200|
Ports and Protocols Required for SpeechMiner UConnector
SpeechMiner UConnector requires access to the recording-system database and file-storage system. SpeechMiner UConnector uses the TCP protocol with port 1433 to access the database. (The port number can be configured on the database server.) To access the storage system, the SMB over TCP protocol with port 445 is used. Other protocols can be used as well, if they are available in the underlying file-storage system.
- Professional Services is responsible for the development, installation and configuration of UConnector and UConnector for PureConnect. For additional information about UConnector refer to Professional Services.
- Verify that your antivirus software and firewall configuration are not blocking SpeechMiner ports and protocols.