SpeechMiner® is the Genesys Telecommunications Laboratories’s speech-analytics platform. It analyzes audio content and text-based interactions such as email, chat messages and so on. Speech-analytics leverages recorded customer interactions (from any recording system) and analyzes each interaction for critical business topics and events. The system analyzes interactions between customers and contact-center agents, precisely identifies the topics that were discussed, and categorizes the contents of each interaction.
SpeechMiner consists of a user interface (UI) and several back-end components that deliver key capabilities required for various products within the Genesys Workforce Optimization suite. These products include:
SpeechMiner UI: The SpeechMiner UI is a component of the SpeechMiner package and provides a single User Interface (UI) for all Genesys Interaction Recording, Quality Management and Genesys Interaction Analytics functionality. Through the SpeechMiner UI users can perform search and playback for voice and screen recordings, perform traditional quality management tasks such as evaluation of interactions through form based scoring, or advanced speech and text analytics capabilities such as topic analysis or trending and exploration analysis of transcripts.
SpeechMiner UI is comprised of two software components:
- SpeechMiner browser-based interface: Offers a variety of ways to access call audio and the results of the interaction analysis performed by the system (when Analytics mode is in use). Users of the speech-analytics system interface can do the following:
- Find interactions that have specific characteristics or are about particular topics.
- Identify and listen to the parts of calls that interest them.
- Audit and fine-tune SpeechMiner's call processing.
- Keep track of a range of system-metrics.
- SpeechMiner Administration Tool (SMART): Enables users of the speech-analytics system to configure it to search interactions for specific topics and other characteristics.
Genesys Interaction Recording (GIR): Genesys Interaction Recording (GIR) provides cradle to grave dual channel voice recording and screen recording for customer-ivr and customer-agent conversations as they occur within the Genesys Contact Center. Through deep integration with Genesys SIP and the TLib event model, GIR is able to automatically stitch together call segments and capture all relevant call meta data to provide the information you need to fulfill important use cases within your business including Compliance, Dispute Resolution and Workforce Training and Coaching. GIR utilizes components of the core Genesys Contact Center stack such as SIP Server and Media Server, but brings along its own components to deliver the full set of features within GIR. Additionally, the GIR User Interace (UI) is provided by the SpeechMiner UI, which is the unified interface for recording, quality management and interaction analytics capabilities within the Genesys suite.
Quality Management (QM): Quality Management (QM) enables you to monitor quality and evaluate agent performance on a periodic and consistent basis while minimizing effort through automated interaction selection to improve customer experience and engage with your staff. QM includes a robust and feature rich form designer along with a number of evaluation schedule types to meet the SLAs required by your business in providing core use cases around Quality Management as well as input to Coaching and Training through form based scoring of interactions. Interactions can be sourced from GIR or third party recording platforms, depending on the deployment type selected. All QM functionality is provided through the SpeechMiner UI, which is the unified interface for recording, quality management and interaction analytics capabilities within the Genesys suite.
Genesys Interaction Analytics (GIA): Genesys Interaction Analytics (GIA) provides automated speech and text analytics capabilities on 100% of interactions to provide deep insight into customer-agent conversations. For voice interaction, GIA provides automated transcription and employs Speech-to-Phrase grammar based recognition along with non-linguistic analysis of recordings to create meaning from otherwise unstructured data. Organizations can use this data to fulfill key use cases around Agent Performance Improvement (for example, decrease AHT, increase FCR, Sales Conversion, and so on.), Compliance and Customer Satisfaction (for example, NPS). Additionally, for both voice and text interactions, GIA employs advanced unsupervised machine learning algorithms to surface salient or unexpected terms to enable use cases around Uncovering Emerging Trends or Discovery of New Phrases and Intents. All analysis and discovery functionality is provided through the SpeechMiner UI, which is the unified interface for recording, quality management and interaction analytics capabilities within the Genesys suite.
SpeechMiner supports the following deployment modes:
- Analytics and Recording UI: Enables search, play back and analysis of interactions recorded using Genesys Interaction Recording. The QM module is also available is purchased.
- Recording UI Only: Enables search and play back of interactions recorded using Genesys Interaction Recording. The contents of the interactions are not processed by the interactions analytics system. The QM module is also available if purchased.
- Analytics Only: Imports interactions including their recorded call audio from any recording system using a UConnector. The UConnector is a Professional Services built ETL application that imports interactions and meta data from a third party recording system. After the interactions are imported, SpeechMiner processes the contents of each interaction for interaction analytics. The QM module is also available if purchased.
- Analytics Only with PureConnect: Imports interactions and their recorded call audio from a PureConnect deployment using the UConnector for PureConnect. This UConnector is a Professional Services built ETL application that imports interactions and meta data from PureConnect. After the interactions are imported, SpeechMiner processes the contents of each interaction for interaction analytics. The QM module is also available if purchased.
This manual explains how to install and configure SpeechMiner, and is intended for system administrators. Most of the steps described are only performed once, usually with the help of Genesys Customer Care.