This section describes how to prepare your environment before you install SpeechMiner, and how to install the SpeechMiner software. The SpeechMiner components can be installed on one or more servers, as required by the particular configuration of your system.
Before you install SpeechMiner, make sure of the following:
- The system requirements are met.
- The required third-party software has been installed on the machines in your system.
- File sharing has been disabled.
- The required permissions are set.
Then, review the Pre-installation Checklist before you begin the installation process.
For more information about the supported operating environments, see the Supported Operating Environment Reference Guide.
Each server in the system should have at least the following amounts of available disk space before installing SpeechMiner:
- All servers: Approximately 1 GB of disk space for the recognition engine
- Recognition server(s): For the UPlatform service, 20 MB of disk space for the runtime folder plus approximately 10 GB for caching recognition packages. (The exact amount required for caching depends on the size of the implementation.)
- Database server: At least 20 GB for the SpeechMiner database, plus 20 MB of disk space for the runtime folder of the UConnector service. In addition, on some types of recording-system integrations that have a very high volume, a larger (10 GB-200 GB) storage area is needed for temporary files.
- The initial size of the database is about 20 GB; it may grow larger, depending on the call volume and the call-purging policy.
- On relatively high-volume installations, UConnector may need its own dedicated server.
The database must run on a machine on which one of the following SQL servers is installed:
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 with Reporting Services, SP1 or above (Enterprise edition is recommended for large installations.)
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 with Reporting Services
All machines must have Windows operating systems. The following table lists the Windows operating systems that are compatible with each SpeechMiner component.
|Servers (platform, database, and Web)||
The SpeechMiner web interface is compatible with Internet Explorer (IE) versions 8, 9, and 10, and Google Chrome.
Neither JAVA, .NET, or ActiveX are required for web-based access to SpeechMiner (via the SpeechMiner web-based interface).
Users of the SpeechMiner web application must have a functioning audio device on their desktop. Users browsing using Internet Explorer should have Windows Media Player version 10 or 11 installed.
Machines running SpeechMiner servers and applications should have at least the following amounts of memory:
- Database server: 4 GB - 32 GB
- Web server: 4 GB
- SMART application: 1 GB minimum; 2 GB recommended
- Platform server: 4 GB - 8 GB (allow 1 GB per recognizer task, as a rule of thumb)
What Is Installed?
The following software will be installed on the machines in your system:
|On All Servers|
|On the Recognition Server(s)||
|On the DB Server||
|On the Web Server||
|On the Interaction Receiver Server||
|On Every Machine Running SMART||
Ports Used by the System Components
The following ports are used by SpeechMiner:
|Source||Destination||Protocol and Port Pair (ex. TCP 3389)|
|Web servers, Platform servers, SpeechMiner Administrator Workstations (SMConfig/SMART)||Database server||tcp 1433|
|Database server, Web server, Platform servers, SpeechMiner Administrator Workstations (SMConfig/SMART)||MS-SQL report server||http 80 / https 443|
|SpeechMiner Administrator Workstations (SMConfig/SMART)||Web servers||http 80 / https 443|
|Genesys Interaction Recording server||Interaction Receiver Server||http 80 / https 443|
|Web Servers||Web servers||http 80 / https 443|
|SpeechMiner Administrator Workstations (SMConfig)||Platform servers, Web servers||tcp 135|
|Platform servers (recognition), SpeechMiner Administrator Workstations (SMART)||SpeechMiner Nuance License server||tcp 27000 + another port (can be configured in license file)|
|Web servers, Platform servers, SpeechMiner Administrator Workstations (SMConfig/SMART)||File System||smtp over tcp 445|
|Web servers, SpeechMiner Administrator Workstations (SMConfig/SMART)||Active Directory||tcp 88|
|Web servers, Platform servers||Email server||smtp over tcp 25|
Ports and Protocols Required for SpeechMiner UConnector
SpeechMiner UConnector requires access to the recording-system database and file-storage system. Access to the database is implemented using the TCP protocol with port 1433. (The port number can be configured on the database server.) Access to the file-storage system is implemented using SMB over TCP protocol with port 445. Other protocols can be used as well, if they are available in the underlying file-storage system.